Race modified BF-109

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race modified BF-109

This was a quick and fun doodle that came up on a fb group, figured I would share it here.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PS 109.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	242366Click image for larger version

Name:	wip.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	520.2 KB
ID:	242367

The red outline is stock, and the black outline is the racer.

* new canopy
    * clipped wings
    * extend the chin radiator inlets and shrink the inlet and outlet areas similar to what is on Jon's NXT and Anequim.
    * add outer gear doors to cover the tires
    * G10 style tail for more yaw stability
    * K-model tail wheel doors
    * speed tape/seal off the LE slats
    * fair in/seal the upper radiator flaps into the wing and extend the radiator inlets (until they hit the gear) similar to the chin scoop
    * Shrink down the elbow intake for the supercharger. maybe even move it to where the nose gun ports are if possible?
    * block off and remove all gun ports/blisters
    * fairing under wing for aileron linkage
    The paintscheme is based on a friend's nickname and Anger from the movie Inside Out.

When I really started looking into systems, things got interesting. There is very little room inside. The fuel tank is just big enough for the fuel, and then you would need to fit the ADI and spray bar water in the munitions bays and anywhere else you can stash an extra tank. Boil off seems right out without significantly modifying the wing by adding a bladder or something.
    "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Re: Race modified BF-109

Great design there young man. Would be a nice addiction. "Air Fryer" has a good ring to it.

Air Fryer Beer Brats - Brats boiled in beer and onions and then air fried to perfection!

themed plane.

I get the beer & brats vendor rights

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
      Great design there young man. Would be a nice addiction. "Air Fryer" has a good ring to it.

Air Fryer Beer Brats - Brats boiled in beer and onions and then air fried to perfection!

themed plane.

I get the beer & brats vendor rights

haha! are teams allowed to sell food in the pits? Might be a good idea.
      I might do some more of these. They are free after all
      Any recommendations on what to do next? I looked at a 190, the fuse needs-wing transition needs a lot of cleanup
      "young" Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
        I might do some more of these. They are free after all
        Any recommendations on what to do next?
        ...perhaps one of the Japanese aircraft?
        If we could bring back the Schneider Trophy -but for land planes; each nation choosing from one of it's propeller driven designs of the WW2 time period, and being allowed to modify it for Unlimited racing.

Comment

I see where Spain came up with a Merlin powered Messerschmitt HA 1112. There was a Photo of it on the Golden Age of Flight desk calendar dated June 11 2020.
          Lockheed Bob

Comment

Hmmmmm....

Comment

Raiden would want an American engine. Throughout his book "Eagles of Mitsubishi" Jiro Horikoshi is always complaining about inadequate engines.
              "young" Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
                Raiden would want an American engine. Throughout his book "Eagles of Mitsubishi" Jiro Horikoshi is always complaining about inadequate engines.

This looks cool !
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X