COVID Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID Projects

Here is my Folk Art project I just completed, it represents part of the upper wing from a WW1 German Fighter. It is wood ribbed, covered in canvas and then painted.
    I am now making a shelf with a wood frame and rapped in aluminum to represent the leading edge of an aircraft wing. It is riveted and about 9 inches deep and 4 feet long. Thanks, KC

Re: COVID Projects

Nice KAHNZILLA. That’s cool.

I started a thread on another forum with this same exact title.

I built a rack for the stack of water skis I had just lying in the garage. Refinished a Teak table. Rebuilt an a few RC cars that had been sitting on the shelf for a good 10yrs.
    Attached Files
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

pretty cool! Not that things here are that slow but I have taken more down time. Started this earlier this year and kicked it in high gear when the lockdown happened. I've never done this before and it is kind of fun...keeps you honest. the music just covers all the cussing

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Harley909 View Post
        pretty cool! Not that things here are that slow but I have taken more down time. Started this earlier this year and kicked it in high gear when the lockdown happened. I've never done this before and it is kind of fun...keeps you honest. the music just covers all the cussing

Jim
        https://youtu.be/uM1W5z2P4LE
        Jim,

Wow,

Now I will have to watch vid 4 & 5.

What a hobby, therapeutic for sure.

Watching your sanding in fast mode, your better than a power sander :-)

Interesting to watch your patience trying to fill that stubborn gap on the wing/fuselage joint.

Your Mr. Mello.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I laugh every time I speed up the video when I'm sanding. I swear the plastic in this kit is made from granite. I'm glad you like it! Video 4 will be up Wednesday night, pesky work is getting in the way. Fun project, especially since Ohio is in the rainy season.

Jim

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
          Jim,

Wow,

Now I will have to watch vid 4 & 5.

What a hobby, therapeutic for sure.

Watching your sanding in fast mode, your better than a power sander :-)

Interesting to watch your patience trying to fill that stubborn gap on the wing/fuselage joint.

Your Mr. Mello.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

And to think, I felt good organizing my junk drawer and taking my beer cans to the recycle place...

Jusssst kidding!!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Just looking back at this and some other threads during the ShutDown of 2020 and it makes me so grateful that we can have this place!

From time to time, we have had a lot more active members, LOTS of memories but it always feels like home when I open a thread here!

Thanks!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

And thanks to you Wayne for having this site in these trying times. Fingers crossed for this years races.
                Lockheed Bob

Comment

Thank you Wayne for providing this space...I know it ain't easy. It is truly appreciated.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Harley909 View Post
                    Thank you Wayne for providing this space...I know it ain't easy. It is truly appreciated.

Jim
                    Jim, having this site has awarded we with the most diverse group of friends that anyone could ask for, it has afforded me many opportunities to photograph amazing airplanes meet equally amazing people!

It is my pleasure!
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                    X