No announcement yet.

Question Lockheed Bob? A New New Deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Lockheed Bob? A New New Deal?

Bob, first of all, I want to thank you for gracing this virtual community with your presence!

I sure do not have any idea where you could find a place where you can converse with someone with as much history as you have within your mind's eye!!

By my math, you were born in 1932. Were you old enough to remember results of Franklin Delano Roosevelt's "New Deal" program?
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Question Lockheed Bob? A New New Deal?

Somehow I managed to "prematurely post" the previous post...

Continuing, Bob, do you remember if it was FDR's new deal that really was the first big wave of infrastructure creation, carried on in a HUGE way with IKE?

Back to FDR, didn't he take the debt and the need to borrow/create money to build the country further?

I'm hearing we're going to pour trillions into unemployment and social services funding, maybe we should take all those dollars and build bridges highways airports and s h I t??
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Continuing on, what I'm saying is, we have a boatload of stuff that needs to get done to the infrastructure of our fantastic country, I just wonder if there is some creative way to look back at what FDR did with the government spending that both broke the depression and, created a hell of a lot of the backbone of the country at the same time.

You guys can always axe LOL me to move my rants to the off topic forum but I am just really curious to what you all think, especially our Mayor, Lockheed Bob
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

About the FDR" New Deal". It was a series of FDR's" Fire Side Chats" was of course on the Radio (No TV) & FDR explained how to get everyone back to work by redoing Dams, Roads , All Infrastructure Work. Of course his biggest thing was getting the Social Security Act bill thru. Congress. I remember the biggest uplift for employment was WWII when every able person had a job in the defense industry. I do remember in around 1937 Dec. standing in line with my mother to get an Orange. Talk about no contact I was in the USAF as a Radar Repairman( AC&W) on top of a mountain in Alaska for 1 yr. without running water & was on duty 7/12. Only way in or out was by plane. Very isolated called Sparevohn Mt.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Let’s just give everyone free money they can just spend on whatever for just sitting at home. We'll all just go shopping and that will jump start the economy. Oh wait, if everyone is collecting unemployment money, who will man the stores? Who will make the products? We’ll just throw more money at it.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Working...
          X