Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I gotta get a CV test!

Default Re: BTW... RENO 2020: We'll be there!

Quote Originally Posted by Air Boss View Post
    No kidding. Actuallly I'm grabbing the trailer Friday and heading out to a campground near Palomar Mountain Observatory. Gotta get outta Dodge.

Depending on how many of my shows cancel (up to five now) I hppe to travel to a few states later this summer.

And my air races buddies and I have already planned to gather in early September if Reno cancels. Don't know where yet...but we will get together.
    Is campground open? We're not there yet, although, I think we can use corps of engineers property... off grid stuff. Problem there is, we're a 40' diesel pusher, not a lot of ground clearance. Second problem is, I need to go solar!

As for the "if it don't happen plan"... I say we swarm Stead, spend a TON of money at the RENO souvenir stands that RARA would set up, get every food truck in Reno to come out and we all gorge ourselves on food fun and whatever airplanes come to the RENO 2020 SHOW AND SHINE!!

I remember being stuck at Stead during 9-11 we all had fun in spite of the situation.. Bill Rogers called it the Show&Shine and that's always stuck with me!

I realize Stead can't let us all camp there... (BUMMER) so yea, find a place close by and can accommodate a big road hog and I'm in!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Default Re: BTW... RENO 2020: We'll be there!

Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Is campground open? We're not there yet, although, I think we can use corps of engineers property... off grid stuff. Problem there is, we're a 40' diesel pusher, not a lot of ground clearance. Second problem is, I need to go solar!

As for the "if it don't happen plan"... I say we swarm Stead, spend a TON of money at the RENO souvenir stands that RARA would set up, get every food truck in Reno to come out and we all gorge ourselves on food fun and whatever airplanes come to the RENO 2020 SHOW AND SHINE!!

I remember being stuck at Stead during 9-11 we all had fun in spite of the situation.. Bill Rogers called it the Show&Shine and that's always stuck with me!

I realize Stead can't let us all camp there... (BUMMER) so yea, find a place close by and can accommodate a big road hog and I'm in!
    Private campgrounds are open and KOA's are open as well. BLM land is always open. My rig has built in solar on roof so boon-docking is doable, tho this weekend is full hook ups.

Have you heard of HarvetHost? Check them out, they have an app. Thousands of wineries, breweries, etc. across US that welcome dry camping rigs for a night. No charge. Just aks that you purchase some wine or beer to help them out. Gee...let me think? OK!
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    Owner - AIR BOSS ONE
    San Diego CA
    http://airbossone.com

Default Re: I gotta get a CV test!

Congrats on her surgery I'll still go up to Reno in Sept. Shine N Show.
    Lockheed Bob