Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Movie to watch while you are quarantined

Default Re: Movie to watch while you are quarantined

"Murphy's War" with Peter O'tool.
    The movie plot is OK, but the flying by Frank Tallman in the Duck is AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    The aerial cinematography that wound up on the cutting room floor is amazing! I really hope that somewhere all of it is still intact! Those guys did some amazing stuff air to air! Who would ever have thought that a shot from the tail of the Super Corsair doing a gear extend could be art! THEY DID!

As an audience, WE did not give that effort a fair shake! Yes, story line was corny, acting, sometimes, was a bit... Well the actors became friends during the shoots and I hate to critique friends!

I'd watch it again and again if I could find my copy that I loaned to someone!!!
    The RARA vendor tents had stacks of them at almost giveaway price. I could burn you a copy when I get around to getting a new copy of Nero since I recently upgraded my OS.

Question Re: Movie to watch while you are quarantined

Frank Tallman was @ Reno one year & did some aerobatics in his Grumman "Duck". I think he only had 1 real leg.???
    Lockheed Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Plane Nuts View Post
    The RARA vendor tents had stacks of them at almost giveaway price. I could burn you a copy when I get around to getting a new copy of Nero since I recently upgraded my OS.
    That'd be nice of you! Lemme try to get Mitch Carley to send me one...I'd guess he has a few, but not at all sure who has what since Robert's passing.

I think I've mentioned elsewhere that pretty much since I had Cancer in '04, I've not really had a place that was actually MINE, mu stuff has been scattered, scanners in one garage, slides and video tapes in another..

IF.. the clouds come together, I think I qualify for a really low mtge rate and I'm going to buy myself a forever place!!

THEN, I can have all my StUFF in one place!

Wish me luck!

PS, it truly helps that I can scratch my $200+ monthly server bill off the neg side of my budget!!

THANKS!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Frank Tallman lost his leg in an accident with a go-cart that led to it. Mantz basically took his place in "Flight of the Pheonix" and a small misjudgment turned tragic.
    If you watch "Murphy's War" and Capricorn 1" you will see some of Tallman's awesome work (he flew Telly Savalas's stearman). Look closely and you can see him in the cockpit.

1. Eternal Zero
    2. Dark Blue World
    3. Ford v Ferrari
    4. The recent Spitfire documentary
    "young" Thomas

I've always enjoyed The Worlds Fastest Indian. For some reason I've always considered the Bonneville racers as close cousins to the Reno racers. Also for some odd reason I like a movie called Wind, it's about Americas Cup racing. Both worth a watch in my opinion.
    Last edited by knot4u; 06-25-2020 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knot4u View Post
    I've always enjoyed The Worlds Fastest Indian. For some reason I've always considered the Bonneville racers as close cousins to the Reno racers. Also for some odd reason I like a movie called Wind about Americas Cup racing. Both worth a watch in my opinion.
    That really was a well done movie!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

And while this doesn’t strike me as the anime crowd, Wind Rises (about Jiro Horikoshi designing the A5M) and Porco Rosso are also fun engineering/aviation movies. The animation if nothing else, is top notch.
    "young" Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by knot4u View Post
    I've always enjoyed The Worlds Fastest Indian. For some reason I've always considered the Bonneville racers as close cousins to the Reno racers. Also for some odd reason I like a movie called Wind about Americas Cup racing. Both worth a watch in my opinion.
    Two of my favorite movies. My wife and I went for a sail on the boat used in the movie "America 2" Great experience.