Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Movie to watch while you are quarantined

Default Re: Movie to watch while you are quarantined

Quote Originally Posted by V1670 View Post
    A movie that doesn't get much air play: "A Guy Named Joe". Spencer Tracy, Ward Bond, Irene Dunn. I just happened to catch it the other day and was lucky enough to record it so I can watch it anytime. I mean, who wouldn't LOVE a movie with B-25s and P-38s?
    Funny, just watched the trailer when I was a kid, I always thought of WWII as being fought by a bunch of old guys... lol... now I know why!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Just did a search, it's on tomorrow from 10:30 AM to 12:45 PM on TCMHD! Recording set!!! Thanks for the head's up! I've seen this one at least a few times but it's been years!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Just did a search, it's on tomorrow from 10:30 AM to 12:45 PM on TCMHD! Recording set!!! Thanks for the head's up! I've seen this one at least a few times but it's been years!
    The movie on which "Always" was based. "Always" isn' quite the "aviation" movie it could have been but some good scenes.
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    Owner - AIR BOSS ONE
    San Diego CA
    http://airbossone.com

Quote Originally Posted by Air Boss View Post
    The movie on which "Always" was based. "Always" isn' quite the "aviation" movie it could have been but some good scenes.
    I've got that one set to record as well! Just watched its trailer and I remember what a tear jerker that movie was!!!! God, those scenes where Dreyfus is trying to reach Hunter... man!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Battle of Britain.............has some of the best flying scenes ever recorded on film. A great aviation movie.

"The Blue Max". I remember seeing George Peppard being interviewed about the movie, he said how beautiful he thought the aircraft were. NO CGI HERE!

"The Great Waldo Pepper" has some flying by Frank Tallman and "The Flight of the Phoenix" has the most dramatic radial startup and Paul Mantz last flight.

Thunder Over Reno, anyone?

"Thunder Over Reno" the extra feature on how it was made is better than the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Plane Nuts View Post
    "Thunder Over Reno" the extra feature on how it was made is better than the movie.
    The aerial cinematography that wound up on the cutting room floor is amazing! I really hope that somewhere all of it is still intact! Those guys did some amazing stuff air to air! Who would ever have thought that a shot from the tail of the Super Corsair doing a gear extend could be art! THEY DID!

As an audience, WE did not give that effort a fair shake! Yes, story line was corny, acting, sometimes, was a bit... Well the actors became friends during the shoots and I hate to critique friends!

I'd watch it again and again if I could find my copy that I loaned to someone!!!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"