Racing Yaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing Yaks

I know there's been talk recently about getting more racing Yaks back to Reno...Blyak Moose, Race 26, Steadfast, Lylia, etc. How about Czech Ride. Looking and sounding good here:

"America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Re: Racing Yaks

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
    I know there's been talk recently about getting more racing Yaks back to Reno...Blyak Moose, Race 26, Steadfast, Lylia, etc. How about Czech Ride. Looking and sounding good here:

https://youtu.be/imVMA9XUdGY
    Nice plane! Would be great if Return of the Yaks actually happens. Probably one of the best platforms for today’s Unlimited racing in terms of speed and affordability. Don’t forget to add the full race Yak and the one Dusty is racing this year to your list!
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
      Nice plane! Would be great if Return of the Yaks actually happens. Probably one of the best platforms for today’s Unlimited racing in terms of speed and affordability. Don’t forget to add the full race Yak and the one Dusty is racing this year to your list!
      Which one is the full racing Yak? Not Full Noise, correct?
      "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
      -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
        Which one is the full racing Yak? Not Full Noise, correct?
        Under the thread “New Yak Unlimited Racer”, a few pics there. It’s kinda secretive I got in trouble for posting some pics on Facebook a few months back lol
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Full Noise announced they won't be making the trip across the pond this year. Just too risky for them.

Dusty will be flying a newly imported Yak 3 that came from South Africa last year. Its a pretty nice looking bird. Nothing special about it, just a stock plane with an Allison. Dusty is working on his Yak, but due to the number of large changes he has made in order to make it run 400+, its not done. (He doesn't have a team to work on it, just him, and he is often super busy so time is limited.)

The Redding Yak will be interesting, its still a long way from flying.

Blyak Moose would be a really cheap way to get into the Unlimiteds. Its a nice plane for the price.

I haven't heard anything about Steadfast lately. I do know that parts of the ADI system are on loan to another Yak. That kinda says they aren't interested in coming back this way anytime soon.

It would be cool to get the other Yaks in North America to Reno. Who knows, perhaps there will be some unexpected entries at PRS. (No that wasn't a hint that I know something, it was simply, who knows.)

Will

Comment

Working...
          X