• Dago Red practice and qual Reno 2003

'Dago Red' Practice and Qualifying, Reno 2003

Jason
    Jason Schillereff

Re: Dago Red practice and qual Reno 2003

Man, I miss that airplane!

Comment

I miss it too but, I especially miss watching Skip fly. There’s been some been some great pilots out there but Skip was always magic. He and Dago together were poetry in motion.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

If I have my dates correct, this was my first year as Pylon Judge. Standing with my back against the pylon on Outer 6 for the first pass of Dago Red "at speed", Dago was at Outer 4 and heading my way. She dropped out of sight down below the level of the desert floor between Outer 4 and Outer 5 and Chief Pylon Judge leaned over and said, "Get ready...you're either going to $#it you pants and go home today, or you'll be back here every year for the rest of your life."

Just then, Dago blasts up above the sagebrush headed straight for me. As much as I wanted to back up, my legs just would not move. My head was saying, "get the #ell outta here"...but my heart was saying, "this is gonna be intensely awesome!" And then...DAMN! You have GOT to be kidding me! They're actually letting me stand here and have the best pilots in the world fly right over my head at 500mph?! Remember thinking, glad I packed as much underwear as I did!

Good day....good day, indeed!
        Owen Ashurst
        Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
        http://airbossone.com/

Comment

^^^Hell ya.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Jason, I have a gut feeling that it's going to be up to all of us to keep the fires burning! I have a really bad feeling whether this year will happen..

Either way, it's going to be up to all of us to just pump up the interest!

I have a bunch of early stuff shot in Hi8.. do you have any advice on how to get it into digital format? It would be from the 80's maybe into the early 90's... I've got a boatload of old tapes that I've never really looked at!

I do have a camcorder that can play Hi8...

TIA!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks Jason, Dago footage is awesome!!! Anything from the last year it raced?
              Random Air Blog

Comment

Working...
              X