Rare Bear Practice and Qual, Reno 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear Practice and Qual, Reno 2003

Forgot to post this here for you guys not on Facebook.
    Rare Bear 2003 Reno ‘practice and qualifying’

Jason
    Jason Schillereff

Re: Rare Bear Practice and Qual, Reno 2003

Simply bad*ss! These and other videos got me to join AAFO the following year. Miss seeing the Bear 'round the pylons.

Comment

Thanks Jason! That is some great footage!
      Random Air Blog

Comment

That video kicks ass. Thanks, Jason.

That 3 blade...so gnarly.

What was with the two consecutive take offs? Was that a high orbit test run in Q1 followed by the actually qual run in Q2?
        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

I still think that was the best paint scheme. Simple and elegant, gold and white with a touch of purple. There was no reason for fancy paint, the airplane was obviously brutal. I remember we "borrowed" a warehouse adjacent to KVNY so the gold could be applied, the airplane was bare naked in white and it looked awesome. I have a feeling I might understand why Voodoo carries that paint scheme these days. RIP Joe Clark.

Edit: I also thought it looked better with California Propeller and Aircraft Cylinder and Turbine prominently displayed as sponsors but I'm admittedly biased.
          Last edited by knot4u; 04-17-2020, 07:54 PM.

Comment

I still think that was the best paint scheme. Simple and elegant, gold and white with a touch of purple. There was no reason for fancy paint, the airplane was obviously brutal. I remember we "borrowed" a warehouse adjacent to KVNY so the gold could be applied, the airplane was bare naked in white and it looked awesome. I have a feeling I might understand why Voodoo carries that paint scheme these days. RIP Joe Clark.

Comment

Thank you guys!!
              Jason
              Jason Schillereff

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                That video kicks ass. Thanks, Jason.

That 3 blade...so gnarly.

What was with the two consecutive take offs? Was that a high orbit test run in Q1 followed by the actually qual run in Q2?
                The first takeoff shot was when it was very windy, so I wanted to throw in a much cleaner and better sounding one for everyone. The first few laps were from the Sunday/Monday practice laps, then the high orbit qual run was done when it was cold and windy (I believe on Tuesday if I remember correctly) , and they still ripped off the top qualifier spot!!
                Jason
                Jason Schillereff

Comment

That makes sense. Thanks Jason. Keep em coming.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by knot4u View Post

Edit: I also thought it looked better with California Propeller and Aircraft Cylinder and Turbine prominently displayed as sponsors but I'm admittedly biased.
                    The new scheme has grown on me. I will say one of my favorites was the White and Gold with "Fly Navy" on the bottom of the wing.
                    Random Air Blog

Comment

Working...
                    X