This Is The Perfect Time For Escape - Build a Stick & Tissue Plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Is The Perfect Time For Escape - Build a Stick & Tissue Plane

I remember growing up in Pacifica, Ca, on the coast. Summer vacation was Linda Mar Beach, watching surfers surf, and fishing.

I also built my first stick & tissue balsa wood airplane, a Guillow model.

I had so much fun winding up the rubber band propeller and setting if off into the coastal summer breeze off the back yard hill.

She'd crash and I would cut and dice and replace what ever was broken. Next day always a new adventure!.

That was summer vacation, such a wonderful time.

About 20 years forward I found that exact same model and purchased it.

It's been sitting in the workshop waiting to be built.

Kit 503<br>American WWII <font color="#FF0000">Laser Cut</font> Airplane Kit<br>Wing Span: 16½"<br>Scale: 1/30

Re: This Is The Perfect Time For Escape - Build a Stick &amp; Tissue Plane

F4U maiden flight. Sounds great.

FLY IN 2015 Falcon WingsMFC St. Margarethen / Raab (Austria)Pilot: Markus SchwarzlMassstab / Scale: 1/4Motor: Moki 300cc 5 cyl. radialSpw. / Wingspan: 3.1m /...
    Last edited by Desertdawg; 04-05-2020, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I've been back in the hobby for about 10 years now. Just started a 20" Caudron C460 yesterday. Next up will be a 68" B-25. Makes me feel like a kid again and it is a nice way to relax.

Comment

Couple Guillow gliders.

I'm still a big kid with these things.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1751 (1).jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	332.5 KB
ID:	229638
        Last edited by Desertdawg; 04-09-2020, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Laser cut parts make it a new game.

Comment

Stick and tissue models... crikey. I don't think I've ever stopped building these over the years. This one's starting to be a favourite.

Click image for larger version

Name:	56681289_10157309515442049_2719281354310156288_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	229640

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Rich W View Post
              Stick and tissue models... crikey. I don't think I've ever stopped building these over the years. This one's starting to be a favourite.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24598[/ATTACH]

Rich
              Hey Rich,

Nice project there young man. A fellow fan from the UK, thanks for sharing.

Stay safe and enjoy, we are all in this together.

Comment

Working...
              X