XP-Talon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP-Talon

Has one ever raced one at Reno? Can't figure out who was the kit designer?

https://youtu.be/-wWi7zCGm8A
    Random Air Blog

Re: XP-Talon

No.
    Appears to be a one-off design so what class would it qualify to run it?

Comment

I'd guess it would fall in the Sport class. Its experimental, not over the engine displacement limit, not over the weight limit.

Will

Comment

Some more pictures:

http://users.owt.com/worden/alternat...r/XPtalon.html
        Random Air Blog

Comment

Is that the Turbo Charged "Blue Thunder"? I know they had one there by the hanger.
          Lockheed Bob

Comment

I didn't see when this listing was posted.... but it is or was for sale.
            Specs say MAX SPEED 300 mph. By todays Sport Class speeds, it would not be very competative.

Aircraft for Sale is the most trusted place to buy and sell aircraft, aviation real estate and spare parts.

Comment

But it has a tailwheel... In all seriousness the coolers look dragy, but the Vne is probably not as high as the Thunder Mustang anyway. Could you fit a Falconer under the hood?

I still hope someone buys it and brings it, even if it is just running around at the back of the pack.
              Random Air Blog

Comment

I must say, that XP-Talon sounds BAD-ASS!

Comment

I was just at Vern's hangar. Says he has someone interested in checking it out. The workmanship on it is fantastic- formed aluminum wingtips, etc. Never seen it fly, but watched him taxi it a couple months ago, and it sounds GOOOOD!

Comment

I just joined this forum. Will enjoy following some of these threads.
                    The TALON is for sale and needs a new home. Someone here asked about the VNE. I just arbitrarily
                    set it at 300 mph. It could be higher but was never tested for anything faster. I have never opened it up to
                    see just how fast it would go. It has seen 256 on a high speed pass. It underwent a flutter analysis during
                    its development and I have all that paperwork for that.
                    I expect more questions in the future and will be glad to answer them.
                    BTW, who is 1:1 scale?
                    Blue skies and tailwinds to ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Talon View Post
                      I just joined this forum. Will enjoy following some of these threads.
                      The TALON is for sale and needs a new home. Someone here asked about the VNE. I just arbitrarily
                      set it at 300 mph. It could be higher but was never tested for anything faster. I have never opened it up to
                      see just how fast it would go. It has seen 256 on a high speed pass. It underwent a flutter analysis during
                      its development and I have all that paperwork for that.
                      I expect more questions in the future and will be glad to answer them.
                      BTW, who is 1:1 scale?
                      Welcome to AAFO, Talon. Look forward to your posts and comments. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods with you and your family.

BTW, have you tried to send a Private Message to 1:1 Scale to find out? You can also view the profile by clicking on the screen name, however, you may not be able to see real names.

Again, welcome aboard!
                      Owen Ashurst
                      Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                      http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Thanks. Yes I sent him a PM. I am sure it is someone I know.. Whenever I open the hangar door, I will get at least 1 visitor. While building Bob DeFord’s full-scale replica Spitfire, people would come out of the woodwork to stop by and check it out. That project took over 8 years. Just gotta love the aviation community!

Comment

Originally posted by Talon
                          Thanks. Yes I sent him a PM. I am sure it is someone I know.. Whenever I open the hangar door, I will get at least 1 visitor. While building Bob DeFord’s full-scale replica Spitfire, people would come out of the woodwork to stop by and check it out. That project took over 8 years. Just gotta love the aviation community!

Oops! Didn’t mean to post this twice. Any way to delete unintentional posts?
                          Good deal. And I agree...love this community.

And yes...believe you can click "Edit" then click "Delete."
                          Owen Ashurst
                          Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                          http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Is this your airplane?? Do you know of Sam Bousfield and his flying car thing... They are at Prineville I think...
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Yup, that’s me! No, never heard of him. I will ask around.
                              There is a better video and more info at my website. mrmerlinn.com
                              Last edited by Talon; 04-17-2020, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X