Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Corsair Hiding In Old Stead Bear Cave 3-14-2020

Default Re: Corsair Hiding In Old Stead Bear Cave 3-14-2020

I dunno. When I saw her in the hangar here she looked a little used but in nice shape. I'm not a fan of the warbirds looking like models. But not my airplane.
    My understanding talking to a mechanic out there is it was in pretty good shape mechanically, few squawks.
    I guess if you can afford the Corsair and a Citation to commute to it in, you can invest in a restoration or IRAN though!

Well the owner owns a large Winery which is near where Whiteside is from. "Steadfast" days. Just maybe?
    Lockheed Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    I dunno. When I saw her in the hangar here she looked a little used but in nice shape. I'm not a fan of the warbirds looking like models. But not my airplane.
    My understanding talking to a mechanic out there is it was in pretty good shape mechanically, few squawks.
    I guess if you can afford the Corsair and a Citation to commute to it in, you can invest in a restoration or IRAN though!
    That last statement is what I was thinking. Chuck flew that plane plenty with that paint and I think itís time! I imagine the plane is in great shape, but I believe thatís the new ownerís only WW2 fighter so he may as well make her a real stunner like some of the recent Corsairs to come from Ezell!
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '19