Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

officially official.....Voodoo to try Speed Record again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• officially official.....Voodoo to try Speed Record again.

Posted 2hrs ago on the Voodoo FB page.
    remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Re: officially official.....Voodoo to try Speed Record again.

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post
    Posted 2hrs ago on the Voodoo FB page.
    Not to pull away from the speed run, but if they have 2 fresh engines ready to go... How 'bout another Strega & Voodoo shootout at Reno 2020?

Good luck Team V, this should be fun.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
      Not to pull away from the speed run, but if they have 2 fresh engines ready to go... How 'bout another Strega & Voodoo shootout at Reno 2020?

Good luck Team V, this should be fun.
      Not sure, at this stage of the evolution of the Reno Air Races, I would rather see prize money increase for all the classes.

Share the proceeds with all the people that make a big commitment to attend Reno, vs two that only will appear for a bigger cut, its kind of selfish.

For this retired old Dawg and his grand kids, the more variety the better the learning experience for them.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 02-28-2020, 02:57 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Voodoo to try Speed Record again.
        Excellent news!
        June seems a little early for high DA, July maybe. I'm sure fire season is factoring into the run window.

Very excited about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
          Not sure, at this stage of the evolution of the Reno Air Races, I would rather see prize money increase for all the classes.

Share the proceeds with all the people that make a big commitment to attend Reno, vs two that only will appear for a bigger cut, its kind of shellfish.

For this retired old Dawg and his grand kids, the more variety the better the learning experience for them.

I do agree with that, but it would be iconic to start 2020 off on a new foot with another Strega vs. Voodoo race. This year's Unlimited class is already shaping up to be larger than usual at the very least.

That being said, I still do want to see Miss A take on Dreadnought one last time for the crown. Would be more than happy to see that in 2020 also, and maybe just maybe Bear will be ready to tangle with Strega and Voodoo in 2021.
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Any word on location? Where they did it last time what is not exactly ideal other than security

Comment

This is going to be epic. Hopefully they film another documentary.
              Random Air Blog

Comment

Maybe if "Tiger"/Strega team got a sponsor and/or the money they would go out & beat them all. Use Stevie as the pilot?
                Lockheed Bob

Comment

Re-match needed

https://youtu.be/OVBAXT8JCE4
                  Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
                    Any word on location? Where they did it last time what is not exactly ideal other than security
                    Elevation, no ones knows where it is... those are the only two things that make a good record location. I bet no one will "officially" know what month it'll happen except the crew.
                    Chris...

Comment

Working...
                    X