• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man I love Mustangs!

https://youtu.be/gTsUy7AcSII
    Random Air Blog

Re: Man I love Mustangs!

That’s impressive. Almost looks like one F-82 at times.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

I've done a couple air to air sessions where the subject pilot really liked to get in your lap but that stuff is CLOSE!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	0813-128.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	281.7 KB
ID:	229597
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Love that shot with Riff Raff and Race 57! And Cloud Dancer. Cool.

Comment

Don’t forget Miss A! Awesome pic.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Pressure to get the shot? Noooooooo!

"I want you in the pace plane tomorrow" was how Jimmy Leeward greeted me the day prior to this shot.. Obviously, weather almost scrubbed the flight, it was surreal flying with the clouds so close above!

"Pace plane pilot, have the photographer open the canopy" I'd just asked Gene McNeely if I could open it and he'd said "wait" With Jimmy's request, he relented and pretty much grunted to me over the intercom that it was OK. I reached to my left to grab the canopy lock and pulled it back to open position. When I looked back to my right, I swear Jimmy was truly almost in my lap! Not the photo above, it was prior to the join with rest of the gaggle. I'll have to dig back through the archives one of these days!

Jimmy Leeward was a very special man.. He treated me like I was the Walter Cronkite of Air Racing.. truly loved that man!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
              Pressure to get the shot? Noooooooo!

"I want you in the pace plane tomorrow" was how Jimmy Leeward greeted me the day prior to this shot.. Obviously, weather almost scrubbed the flight, it was surreal flying with the clouds so close above!

"Pace plane pilot, have the photographer open the canopy" I'd just asked Gene McNeely if I could open it and he'd said "wait" With Jimmy's request, he relented and pretty much grunted to me over the intercom that it was OK. I reached to my left to grab the canopy lock and pulled it back to open position. When I looked back to my right, I swear Jimmy was truly almost in my lap! Not the photo above, it was prior to the join with rest of the gaggle. I'll have to dig back through the archives one of these days!

Jimmy Leeward was a very special man.. He treated me like I was the Walter Cronkite of Air Racing.. truly loved that man!
              Jimmy was always my favorite race pilot besides when I was cheering for Skip in Dago, my favorite racer in the early 2000's. I probably have the most memorabilia signed by Jimmy. He loved Reno and the fans. True icon for our sport. Miss ya Jimmy.
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
              X