Brewster as an airracer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brewster as an airracer ?

Is there a cutaway drawing of the landing arrangement gear anywhere from a F2A ?

Is this as it was ?

Brewster F2a Buffalo Landing Gear, Brewster F2a Buffalo, F2a
    Last edited by Jukka; 01-31-2020, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Some talk about a new Brewster in 2003:https://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/09/n...7nCHXTJ6ZB70dY

Comment

Anyone have any extra R-2800s lying around in their hangar ?

I hope you know the history of the FAF swastika ?

I mean finns smuggled jews aut of Germany and also gave refuge for 500 that came with boats.

Also the chief of armed forces denied after Himler asked to deport finnish jews to nazi Germany.

Intention is to make the wing a bit like in the F8F-2.

Twin Wasp can deliver 2500 hp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkQN2V8ssRo
        Last edited by Jukka; 02-01-2020, 10:48 PM.

Comment

My intention is to make it a two seater.

It may be a tight task, but a R-2800 with 2500 hp can handle it.

Few aircraft in the annals of aviation history have had as much controversy attached to them as the Brewster F2A Buffalo. The history of the Buffalo is full

Comment

Juuuukkkkkaaaa…..

I can't afford to buy a new domain jukka.com right now, could you please PLEASE PLEASE try to remember what we've talked about in the past....

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by morss View Post
              no you really dont
              Hey Dave, good to see you here! We all know that this type of thread is a bunch of BS in the real world. But looking at that beast and reading between the lines of your post, I'm guessing it's maybe a bit "twitchy" ?

Again, thanks for dropping by Dave!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                Juuuukkkkkaaaa…..

I can't afford to buy a new domain jukka.com right now, could you please PLEASE PLEASE try to remember what we've talked about in the past....

Okay Wayner !

Where have you been ?

I tought I'd get lotsa ethusiastic funders here for the project.

Buffalo in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smxe0f1ozps

Comment

Originally posted by Jukka View Post
                  Okay Wayner !

Where have you been ?

I tought I'd get lotsa ethusiastic funders here for the project.

Buffalo in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smxe0f1ozps
                  Ohhhh Jukka my friend, I know you know that I love you bud! In times of high message traffic, I'd probably not say a thing! I watch the board every day and wonder if it's worth keeping it going..

LOL... just watch the post count on a given subject.. For instance, we had a REAL honest to goodness race pilot post in this thread... somewhere in there, it sort of became a Jukka flood...

I respect your enthusiasm, you know that.. just watch the post/response ratio and try not to get ahead of it..
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Ohhhh Jukka my friend, I know you know that I love you bud! In times of high message traffic, I'd probably not say a thing! I watch the board every day and wonder if it's worth keeping it going..

LOL... just watch the post count on a given subject.. For instance, we had a REAL honest to goodness race pilot post in this thread... somewhere in there, it sort of became a Jukka flood...

I respect your enthusiasm, you know that.. just watch the post/response ratio and try not to get ahead of it..
                    Yes Wayne...that is wise advice.

I hold on.

I may try to get one build.

Later dudes !

Comment

But looking at that beast and reading between the lines of your post, I'm guessing it's maybe a bit "twitchy" ?

Again, thanks for dropping by Dave!
                      But ain't it cute? In a Gee Bee kinda way?

I second your gratitude to Dave. He kinda made me feel special.

Comment

Originally posted by TarDevil View Post
                        Personally, I'd rather start with this little runt...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24543[/ATTACH]

It must have been a handful as our pilots called it a winged squirrel.

Comment

I know Dave's website has a great article about his experiences flying the Polikarpov I-16,

Having spent many airshows at Wanaka as a ramp rat during the Polikarpov period at Wanaka, they are airplanes that have to be flown 100% of the time, no elevator trim, no rudder trim and they from what the pilots at the time said very sensitive in the pitch axis, due to their short length.
                          Hopefully Dave if he reads this can add anything he remembers about the Poli and his experience flying it.
                          race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiracefan View Post
                            I know Dave's website has a great article about his experiences flying the Polikarpov I-16,

Having spent many airshows at Wanaka as a ramp rat during the Polikarpov period at Wanaka, they are airplanes that have to be flown 100% of the time, no elevator trim, no rudder trim and they from what the pilots at the time said very sensitive in the pitch axis, due to their short length.
                            Hopefully Dave if he reads this can add anything he remembers about the Poli and his experience flying it.
                            Brewster was in 1937 when proto was ready better fighter concept than any Messerschmitt..up to 1938.

Click image for larger version

Name:	avbf109_1_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	229598

Messerschmitts 109s only had 600-660 hp engines on the first models....whereas F2A had 940 hp.

Last edited by Jukka; 02-14-2020, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Brewster was in 1937 when proto was ready better fighter concept than any Messerschmitt..up to 1938.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24548[/ATTACH]

Messerschmitts 109s only had 600-660 hp engines on the first models....whereas F2A had 940 hp.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brewster_F2A_Buffalo
                              I-16 looks pretty cool in an airshow.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

How about rebuilding a F2A-2...and fit a R-2800 on it ?

Good idea ?
                                No, there are none available anywhere. Just looking at it one could tell it wouldn't be fast enough. The pilots who flew it weren't wild about it. Ancient airplane.

Comment

Working...
                                X