OFF TOPIC: Small World - Moose Peterson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFF TOPIC: Small World - Moose Peterson

So I'm in Astoria Oregon and we're having King tides and 30-40 foot swells... I head to the nearest place to see waves.. on a chance, I find the south jetty lookout platform and who do I find there...

Moose Peterson!

Moose is just one of the many photographers who have graced NCAR at Reno over the years but Moose is special in that his specialty is not aviation, he's mainly known for his wildlife stuff but make no mistake, this guy is good no matter what he points his camera at..

Never ceases to amaze me over the years, the chance encounters I've had with people I know who do not live in the area I'm visiting and we wind up at the same place at the same time.. It was SOOOO cold and WINDY I did not have my major camera with me, failed to take a selfie with Moose.. so I guess, no photo: it didn't happen... lol!

Moose didn't succumb to the weather, however, he was there when I got there, there when I left and looked as though he was there for the duration... dedication!

Hi Moose!!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: OFF TOPIC: Small World - Moose Peterson

You say he isn't known for aviation photography, yet he literally wrote the book on it. (A good book as well. I wish it had been out when I started.)

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
      You say he isn't known for aviation photography, yet he literally wrote the book on it. (A good book as well. I wish it had been out when I started.)

Will
      what I said was "he's mainly known for his wildlife stuff but make no mistake, this guy is good no matter what he points his camera at."
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Caught many a salmon and rock fish across the river on that north jetty.

Not many places better for wildlife pictures. I'm envious!!

Comment

Working...
        X