Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking Ahead to 2021!

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
    HA! The schedule kicked out by the Navy for Legacy Flight is "tentative." As of my most recent discussion with Reno, we will host the USAF ACC F-35A Demo and Heritage AND the USN F/A-18 Super Hornet Demo...NO LEGACY. Thus, my response.

At this point, regardless of whether or not Reno gets the Legacy Flight component, it will be VFA-106 out of NAS Oceana, VA. as they are the only unit authorized by USN to perform the TACDEMO and the Legacy component.

That said, this is an aviation event so...it's cast in sand...at best!
    Ok NOW you're speaking my language! Reno wasn't on 106's schedule, but was on that Legacy Flight schedule. If Reno is really getting the full TACDEMO.... made my evening! My two favorite demo's at my favorite event!!!
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
      Ok NOW you're speaking my language! Reno wasn't on 106's schedule, but was on that Legacy Flight schedule. If Reno is really getting the full TACDEMO.... made my evening! My two favorite demo's at my favorite event!!!
      Quoting myself here, you might have incorrect info... 106 will be doing their demo at Oceana (home base) the same weekend as Reno... Got my hopes up a little too quick
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
        Quoting myself here, you might have incorrect info... 106 will be doing their demo at Oceana (home base) the same weekend as Reno... Got my hopes up a little too quick
        Hey, it's the US Navy!!! God only knows!

GO ARMY....BEAT NAVY!
        Owen Ashurst
        Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
        http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Word from RARA is this will be Legacy only, no Demo. No word yet on which unit or which Legacy A/C.
          Owen Ashurst
          Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
          http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Confusing. Thread states looking ahead to 2021 so are we talking about 2020 or 2021 Change thread to 2020 if needed.
            Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
              Confusing. Thread states looking ahead to 2021 so are we talking about 2020 or 2021 Change thread to 2020 if needed.
              This was my error in starting with the Thunderbirds being announced for 2021, but adding 2020 stuff in after...
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
                Word from RARA is this will be Legacy only, no Demo. No word yet on which unit or which Legacy A/C.
                Glad they got something, hope it's the Super Hornets (and a better show than last year, lol). I'll be seeing the F-35C and Growlers at other shows so the Supers would be great to see all three Legacy teams this year
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                X