No announcement yet.

Miss America Brent "Doc" Hisey: RENO 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photo Tribute: Miss America Brent "Doc" Hisey - Post Your Photos!

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    I actually had general aviation altogether in my mind when I wrote that.

You are correct that RARA and the local school districts do a bang up job of getting the local kids out there. Bigger picture is how to make air racing something that's far more recognized world wide.. I grew up down there and there was little mention (none) in school of what was going on out there in '64. I knew about it due to the activity at Reno Municipal. Anyway, it'd be really cool if there was a Discovery/Smithsonian type show where they followed an air race team through the year of preparation, flight tests, they could make it interesting, then race week season finale..

Aww crap, I'm getting too old to spend much time with this sort of dreaming!
    I guess this is the right thread to put this in... it's public info so I think it can be shared...? But the Miss America team IS having a documentary made for them and it looks to be REALLY good footage and basically what you described above. Here is some info, although minimal, about the project.

Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Re: Miss America Brent "Doc" Hisey: RENO 2019

Although not strictly Reno, they did kind of do that with the Voodoo record attempt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ev29gcUAk0&t=4s
      Random Air Blog

Comment

Didn't know there was a Miss America documentary in the works. That should be cool.

Not to get off topic, but to continue the conversation about TV and kids, and attendance. The livestream the last two years is the TV coverage that has been asked for. My generation (millenials) don't watch TV anyways so all the cost of getting a mainstream TV channel onboard would be a waste. Livestream is perfect and we can rewatch that all the way till March when NBC does their show.

Seeing the popularity of Oshkosh, Sport class can/should/is trying leverage the speed mods to get GA folks out to Reno. It's about all the R&D of the teams sharing (and maybe even selling) what they've learned to help non-racing pilots and owners get more performance, efficiency, and safety out of their daily drivers.

As mentioned at the banquet there is a Reno Air Races documentary in the works. That's why the camera L-39 was flying around all week. Saw them chase one of the heats down the chute. That will be a very cool shot.
        "Chasing Each Other Around in The Sky" featuring Andy Findlay. Tickets for the STIHL National Championship Air Races here: http://bit.ly/2Q36Bb2

And of course the STOL guys are going to be back. Their social media presence is stellar and has lots of potential in reaching a new demographic of fans.
        Last edited by CubersWrist; 10-05-2019, 06:06 AM.
        "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

"young" Thomas,

That is a very good point about live streaming. For some of us guys over sixty, we are having to change and adapt to the new and different medias. Some of us are still thinking that we need one of the "big" networks for coverage.

Comment

Working...
          X