Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: The 2020 Unlimited Class Rumor Thread!

Default Re: The 2020 Unlimited Class Rumor Thread!

Somebody needs to bring Czech Ride! http://afterburner.com.pl/yak-3u-r20...ane-in-poland/

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Somebody needs to bring Czech Ride! http://afterburner.com.pl/yak-3u-r20...ane-in-poland/
    Or better yet, buy Blyak Moose. Its already got an R2000, and a few other go-fast mods.

Will

The first NBC Sports episode is this weekend. Also it seems there are 5 episodes this year!
    "young" Thomas

Honestly, they really should stop using the “fastest motor sport in the world” tag line. It's not. Land speed record cars have been faster for long, long time. Just saying.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Yeah, I've been biting my tongue on that one for quite a while too.

GP

Certain inaccuracies not withstanding, the first episode is on youtube. (6x 30 min shows this year)
    "young" Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Fence Sence View Post
    Honestly, they really should stop using the “fastest motor sport in the world” tag line. It's not. Land speed record cars have been faster for long, long time. Just saying.
    I dunno. I"m inclinded to define a sport as being a direct competition between to competitors, not singular participant racing against the clock. That said, do I regard downhill skiing as a sport. Yeah, guess I do. Know that sound contradictory and Isuppose I'll let that just sit right there.

But, at least for me (and I can't put my finger on why), I feel a true motorsport must involve more than one participant at a time. It NHRA drag racing a sport, I'd argue yes...at least more so than say, Red Bull. Which I tend to regard as an aviation event. But that's just me. And as I like to say, "That and $5.00 will get you a latte at Starbucks."
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    Owner - AIR BOSS ONE
    San Diego CA
    http://airbossone.com

So as Dusty has announced, he doesn't believe Lylia will be ready for it's Quest for 400mph this year, but Dusty will instead be flying N17ZA for Bill Shepherd. Bill acquired the Yak from South Africa last year and is in the final stages of putting it back together and having it's first flight in the US under his ownership. I'm hoping Graeme will still be bringing Full Noise this year for what should be some great Yak racing!
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '19