No announcement yet.

The 2020 Unlimited Class Rumor Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2020 Unlimited Class Rumor Thread!

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
    What year?
    It must've been '96 or '97, maybe '98? We were down on power but the airplane was still fast. If I recall correctly there was a lot of talk on sunday morning in the truck about what mixture setting should be used, Pete Law walked up to the back of the trailer and Freddy told him to run away, Pete was the person that should've been leading that conversation but the horse had been let out of the stable and it was obvious. He took Fred's advice and went to help someone that might listen. There is video out there somewhere of an oil covered bearcat with John jumping out and the nitrous still producing large clouds of fog from the inlets and the emergency crew approaching with an understandable amount of caution. Oh well, that's big time air racing.

Comment

Full Noise is coming back to the US this year for both Oshkosh and Reno.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
        Full Noise is coming back to the US this year for both Oshkosh and Reno.
        Oh yeah! that is really cool, her last appearance for the season here in NZ is Warbirds over Wanaka with Steadfast
        race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

So, the Wildfire website went dark. Does that mean Matt is bringing her up to Reno in June?
          Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

I can't tell if you're being funny/sarcastic.

But no, I'm pretty sure that just means someone got tired of paying for an unused domain.
            "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Somebody needs to bring Czech Ride! http://afterburner.com.pl/yak-3u-r20...ane-in-poland/
              Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
                Somebody needs to bring Czech Ride! http://afterburner.com.pl/yak-3u-r20...ane-in-poland/
                Or better yet, buy Blyak Moose. Its already got an R2000, and a few other go-fast mods.

Will

Comment

The first NBC Sports episode is this weekend. Also it seems there are 5 episodes this year!
                  "young" Thomas

Comment

Honestly, they really should stop using the “fastest motor sport in the world” tag line. It's not. Land speed record cars have been faster for long, long time. Just saying.
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Yeah, I've been biting my tongue on that one for quite a while too.

GP

Comment

Certain inaccuracies not withstanding, the first episode is on youtube. (6x 30 min shows this year)
                        "young" Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                          Honestly, they really should stop using the “fastest motor sport in the world” tag line. It's not. Land speed record cars have been faster for long, long time. Just saying.
                          I dunno. I"m inclinded to define a sport as being a direct competition between to competitors, not singular participant racing against the clock. That said, do I regard downhill skiing as a sport. Yeah, guess I do. Know that sound contradictory and Isuppose I'll let that just sit right there.

But, at least for me (and I can't put my finger on why), I feel a true motorsport must involve more than one participant at a time. It NHRA drag racing a sport, I'd argue yes...at least more so than say, Red Bull. Which I tend to regard as an aviation event. But that's just me. And as I like to say, "That and $5.00 will get you a latte at Starbucks."
                          Owen Ashurst
                          Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                          http://airbossone.com/

Comment

So as Dusty has announced, he doesn't believe Lylia will be ready for it's Quest for 400mph this year, but Dusty will instead be flying N17ZA for Bill Shepherd. Bill acquired the Yak from South Africa last year and is in the final stages of putting it back together and having it's first flight in the US under his ownership. I'm hoping Graeme will still be bringing Full Noise this year for what should be some great Yak racing!
                            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                            X