Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The 2020 Unlimited Class Rumor Thread!

Default Re: The 2020 Unlimited Class Rumor Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Lon Moer View Post
    I have seen several postings saying basically 'we donated to the PM rebuild fund, nothing happened except Thom ended up with a new TP-40'.
    Any idea of how much money was actually raised?

The gofund me is still live. It's not like they took in millions of dollars worth of donations and ran off with the money...I guarantee you he didn't buy a new P-40 for $21,000.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/dg4s583w
    "young" Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CubersWrist View Post
    The gofund me is still live. It's not like they took in millions of dollars worth of donations and ran off with the money...I guarantee you he didn't buy a new P-40 for $21,000.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/dg4s583w
    I dont anyone thinks they ran off with a pile of money. Its one of those things where we all feel PM belongs to all of us. Just like any of the famous race planes. Weve all invested in PM in one way or another, be it donations, t-shirts, or just cheering them on. Its hurts when parts and pieces start showing up on other racers. At the end of the day, were all sure hed be racing it if he could.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

A little change up in the 2020 Yak Attack. N261MS or Race 26 previously owned by sport class pilot Olivier Langeard has a new owner!

Scotty Crandlemire took ownership of the R-2000 Yak and it is now registered N3X. I'm hoping this is another one of the guys that Dusty is pulling into Unlimited racing. Seems too ironic that he was a F1 racer a few decades ago like Dusty.

I have no confirmation on if Scotty will be racing it, but it seems pretty likely if Dusty is involved in any caliber!
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '19

Is the bearcat ever going to come back?

Quote Originally Posted by knot4u View Post
    Is the bearcat ever going to come back?
    I wonder the same thing. I just wonder why they're working on it, if it wasn't going to make a comeback. It would be an easy winner with the last year class. I'm thinking perhaps some other fast racer may be thinking "a shoe in" and will hopefully show for 2020. Maybe wishful thinking, but can always hope.
    Last edited by supercub; 11-28-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by supercub View Post
    I wonder the same thing. I just wonder why they're working on it, if it was going to make a comeback. It would be an easy winner with the last year class. I'm thinking perhaps some other fast racer may be thinking "a shoe in" and will hopefully show for 2020. Maybe wishful thinking, but can always hope.
    I don't think they've really touched it. Ezell/Lewis focus is still the Hellcat first I'm 95% sure.
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '19

Well he has been back, they mounted him on a pole and he stands guard over the kiddie swim park.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HWR_6212.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	24508Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HWR_6211.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	24509

Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by supercub View Post
    I wonder the same thing. I just wonder why they're working on it, if it wasn't going to make a comeback. It would be an easy winner with the last year class. I'm thinking perhaps some other fast racer may be thinking "a shoe in" and will hopefully show for 2020. Maybe wishful thinking, but can always hope.

I don't think they've really touched it. Ezell/Lewis focus is still the Hellcat first I'm 95% sure.
    Lweis also has a new girlfriend named "Connie".
    remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Maybe he'll race the connie at Reno