No announcement yet.

The 2020 Unlimited Class Rumor Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2020 Unlimited Class Rumor Thread!

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
    Pretty sure it isn't being parted out, but fixed to fly again as a TF at Airmotive.
    So just the go-fast parts are being parted out.
    remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Pretty sure it isn't being parted out, but fixed to fly again as a TF at Airmotive.
      As it should.More valuable as a TF than an air racer in "the worlds fastest motorsport".Really? Four days a year they call this a sport?

Comment

Originally posted by krts View Post
        As it should.More valuable as a TF than an air racer in "the worlds fastest motorsport".Really? Four days a year they call this a sport?
        Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to what is commonly referred to as a "troll". In recent years they've spread across online message boards like boars in Texas. This unfortunate being seemingly exists solely to insult people and start or participate in arguments online with no real connection to the subjects of the argument, this gives them some sort of perverse pleasure. There is a set of conditions that a large majority of these internet instigators seem to have in common. They are obese. They wear an odd facial hair style called a neckbeard. They live in a subterranean space under their parents home. They seem to spend most of their waking time online or playing video games. They normally live a fairly solitary life with the exception of a certain level of financial dependence on their parents. They are, with very few exceptions, completely harmless. They can be fun to play with if you have some patience. I don't mean poking them in the eye with a stick through a fence or giving them a swift kick, more like teaching them how to play ball. You toss a ball, they chase it and bring it back, tell them thank you very much and repeat over and over and over and over..........

Comment

And then there are people that wake up every morning and their goal in life is to try and ruin other peoples nice day.

Keyboard Cowboy

As promised, we are thrilled to release Keyboard Cowboy in a video format ! Released April 1, 2019 - Written by Richard and Donna Lynch as a tribute to all t...

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
            The strakes are the extended wing root fairings that Miss America had installed this year. Used to be on Ridge Runner III, then on Precious Metal. It's the elongated "strakes" on the fuselage just behind the wing. The short ailerons are the ailerons that Precious Metal had on it because of the wing clip at the production break. Goldfinger has the same size wings which use those short ailerons. Instead of making new ones they used Precious Metal's.
            Given how many hours I put in adapting them to fit onto PM, it breaks my heart to hear the strakes are gone. Each days trip to work on them was a 90 mile round trip, not counting all the sweat equity invested. Only thing I know for certain is the rebuild is moving at the speed of money.

Comment

Now that the Full Noise team alluded to it on Facebook and Instagram... https://www.instagram.com/p/B4npBP7BUNX/

No confirmation as to intentions of racing in 2020, but they are more or less looking at putting an ADI system on Race 35.

This could be pretty fun!
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

We need to talk them into buying Czech Mate! They would be saving money lol And airline tickets are cheaper than shipping a whole airplane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mhK6CSt8JA
                Random Air Blog

Comment

With Vodoo and Strega not racing, Seems like Czech Mate would have a good chance of winning. I was surprised she didn't show this year.

Comment

There may be another interested party in Czech Mate. That’s a more hush hush rumor for the time being. Would be awesome if it pans out!
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

What's the story on 'Lear Solution'? I've heard they were 'close'...
                      Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Originally posted by SpinB View Post
                        What's the story on 'Lear Solution'? I've heard they were 'close'...
                        Even though I was only on the fringe of this project, I know the principles parted it out about a decade ago. The Griffons went to a tractor puller in Alabama, if I remember correctly (but they were the smaller single-stage versions and had no real interest from the warbird side of the house). Even though when the team acquired the Shooting Star wing it had some corrosion and damage, a museum in Illinois needed the parts to repair their storm damaged airframe--even though it was a non-flier, our parts sufficed. The Lear fuselage that was intended to be cut up was a scrap deal from a Lear 35 wreck that never even made it close to the point of making the surgical chops that were intended. Those things happen when projects stall due to lack of money and real life.

I still have the drawings for it somewhere. I also seem to recall that there was a question on the part of Pete Law of weight and balance for all the ADI/spraybar/fuel for the two engines.

Comment

Is there a rendering of what the Lear Solution looks like?
                          Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                            There may be another interested party in Czech Mate. That’s a more hush hush rumor for the time being. Would be awesome if it pans out!
                            Someone on FB said it needs work done on it..

Comment

Had to go digging for this one. The 'napkin' drawing over dinner amongst the principles. I have a refined three-view somewhere too that was a bit more aerodynamically realistic. There was some actual money behind this.
                              Attached Files

Comment

The name was originally going to be "Final Solution", in a nod of the cap to the Laird Solution and Super Solution from the 1930's. It was quickly pointed out that the original name discussed over some adult beverages might have some rather offensive meaning historically--something that hadn't been considered. "Lear Solution" was come up with somewhat sarcastically when someone piped up about the Fred Sebby cartoon that had the "Worlds Fastest P-51-winged Lear Jet" that resulted from the modifying of "Vendetta" in 1988.

Comment

Working...
                                X