Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MissA issue / condition? Glad Brent okay!

Default Re: MissA issue / condition? Glad Brent okay!

Is that an Allison rod race motor in Miss America? Apparently that is what it took(amongst other things) back in '87 for the Strega team to get around Dred... ...at least thats what the rumor was during Reno '88. Unfortunately we missed Reno in '87. In the early mid 80's it was very difficult for a Mustang to win against Dreadnought.
    Last edited by John; 09-18-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon Moer View Post
    Confirmation today that Miss A threw a rod "big time".
    I'm hoping that we will get information that will let us know the story of Brent "Doc" Hisey's RENO 2019.

I truly thought this might be Miss A's year.. a gut thing I guess. But then my gut, my aching sinus infection and damnit aging body told me a lot of things last week but..

I sure hope The "Doc" and our beloved Miss America Air Racer will be back at the .. can you believe it.. 2020 Reno National Championship Air Races and Air Show!

ahhh… did I see that right.. did he say..2020..

Can it really be that far along... LOL
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Is that an Allison rod race motor in Miss America? Apparently that is what it took(amongst other things) back in '87 for the Strega team to get around Dred... ...at least thats what the rumor was during Reno '88. Unfortunately we missed Reno in '87. In the early mid 80's it was very difficult for a Mustang to win against Dreadnought.
    No, it did not have Allison rods in it.

Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Hey Mitch, wish you would have been here! I was sick in bed on Sunday in my RV... unable to find out what but as others have said, he had her wound up pretty tight! I think he had a Shanholzer motor this year, they can be VERY strong engines!

PS: THANKS for the click!
    Wayne - I am so sorry to hear you were laid-up...drag...HAPPY you sound recovered here. Yes, you know my respect for Doc & gang...I too was so hoping for a Red White & Blue victory-climb-out...with pealing-tape and all. Thank you all AAFO'ers so much for the details...I assumed it turned in to an alloy-grinder. Thank you Doc and all Racers for making this all possible with RARA, wishing all continued success and safety. Finally Wayne - thank you and yours for making this URL a daily-pick-me-up! M )
    Last edited by mitchcarley; 09-20-2019 at 06:42 AM.

Okay, just to be clear....there was no 'gaining' going on between the two aircraft. Doc maintained his distance through the first two and a half laps and was still 'there' when he pulled out coming off of 6 on lap 2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0686a.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	164.3 KB 
ID:	24413