Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Ads Do you want them gone? Should AAFO throw in the towel?

Default Google Ads Do you want them gone? Should AAFO throw in the towel?

I just want to know, do you think the ads are an unwelcome intrusion?

At this point, the amount of clickthrough visit revenue is at an all time low..

What do you think? From time to time, they do help bring up the funds necessary to keep us afloat, I'm actually wondering if the facebook curse on this site has finally won.

Mark Zuckerberg gets richer by the day, I post a few photos from here on his site and am flooded with responses from members here who used to frequent the site, click on an ad or two, post photos news etc. So... why the F^9oK keep up this place?

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Default Re: Google Ads Do you want them gone? Should AAFO throw in the towel?

They do not bother me at all, seriously. I can not afford to make a donation and adds are on every other page on the internet.
    Last edited by Bob; 09-14-2019 at 02:28 AM.

No issues here. FB is evil.

To be honest Wayne, Iíve never noticed them...
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    I just want to know, do you think the ads are an unwelcome intrusion?

At this point, the amount of clickthrough visit revenue is at an all time low..

What do you think? From time to time, they do help bring up the funds necessary to keep us afloat, I'm actually wondering if the facebook curse on this site has finally won.

Mark Zuckerberg gets richer by the day, I post a few photos from here on his site and am flooded with responses from members here who used to frequent the site, click on an ad or two, post photos news etc. So... why the F^9oK keep up this place?

What is clickthrough visit revenue? Is it just as it sounds? I visit every single day (even the off season), and have done so since registering. Am I doing my part? I know I can do more, but what do we need to do as a group? Ads are annoying, but if it keeps the doors open......
    Thanks Wayne!

I don't mind the ads at all, frankly the forum area of the site hardly has any ads. I don't know how all of that works, but if it means keeping the forums going I would be happy to see more ads on the pages.

Chris
    Chris

Hang in there Wayne. Iíve been spreading the AAFO word out in the VOS. Even made friends with a longtime member for the first time. Hopefully it will drum up some business. FWIW, I donít mind the ads at all. Keep em coming.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Thanks everyone. They really do not earn much for the site all year, around Reno, we do usually gain a bit.. sometimes a lot, but we have a LOT less visitors this year than ever before..... I wondered if it might be the ads?

Anyway.... thanks!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Thanks for taking the time and energy to host this site. Itís hard to be a fan of air racing, as there is so little information out there, and essentially one race a year. As for the ads, I hate the ads, but would hate it more if your site went away, so do what you have to do to keep it going. As for the lower numbers this year, those bleachers were looking pretty empty whenever they were pictured...

Quote Originally Posted by JetsareforKids View Post
    Thanks for taking the time and energy to host this site. It’s hard to be a fan of air racing, as there is so little information out there, and essentially one race a year. As for the ads, I hate the ads, but would hate it more if your site went away, so do what you have to do to keep it going. As for the lower numbers this year, those bleachers were looking pretty empty whenever they were pictured...
    First thank you for the appreciation!!

I'm not sure about the attendance this year, media briefing Saturday AM indicated "numbers are up" I did some comparison looks while watching Las Vegas' NASCAR Xfinity racing series I recorded on Friday night to Saturday afternoon's live feed, It's hard to tell because the last thing NBC does is focus on the seat count, and also that is a pretty large venue... but, so is RENO! Pits were crowded, stands looked pretty good, vendor areas behind stands looked really good.. What I saw on Sunday, prior to the Tbirds finale, was very encouraging!

It mystifies me how so many people come out to the races simply to see the Thunderbirds and the air racing is very secondary. You could see that effect as well, vendor area full during races, as well as when the Birds were in the air.. .one group using one time to grab grub, the other... well, you get it.
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"