Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Lavelle mayday?

Default Re: Jeff Lavelle mayday?

Being in South America I have to rely on the announcers, they said he was in the race, and they showed him finishing in 6th!
    But I am not suprised they got it wrong....... again......

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Being in South America I have to rely on the announcers, they said he was in the race, and they showed him finishing in 6th!
    But I am not suprised they got it wrong....... again......
    The announcers are terrible, one particular guy has been unbearable for years, both in person and on the stream. He spends so much time repeating the same script of lets just say "sort of correct" historical information he doesn't even know what is going on in front of him in the race...

He didn't realize that Jeff Lavelle was never a part of the Sport race yesterday, and in the Unlimited Silver I think the first comment he made about the actual race was "and there's the white flag" ... how do they expect new people checking out the NCAR to take the races seriously when the announcers don't even comment on the race or have some idea of what is happening in the race?

Just my two cents ...
    Chris

we have a race tomorrow boys!

Quote Originally Posted by chrs3590 View Post
    The announcers are terrible, one particular guy has been unbearable for years, both in person and on the stream. He spends so much time repeating the same script of lets just say "sort of correct" historical information he doesn't even know what is going on in front of him in the race...

He didn't realize that Jeff Lavelle was never a part of the Sport race yesterday, and in the Unlimited Silver I think the first comment he made about the actual race was "and there's the white flag" ... how do they expect new people checking out the NCAR to take the races seriously when the announcers don't even comment on the race or have some idea of what is happening in the race?

Just my two cents ...
    I thought the same thing, he seems disconnected from the race. On one of the sport races I knew one of the Glasair 3's was not going to race right after takeoff, because he didn't pull his gear up. The announcer never caught that because he's not paying attention. Those planes need to pull the gear right up or as the speed builds it can get locked down by wind forces. So if that gear doesn't come up there's usually a reason. These level of pilots wouldn't forget to bring it up. And I also knew Jeff Lavelle wasn't in yesterday's race and kept wondering why the announcer kept saying he was there. There are people available who are more attuned to various classes of racing and could be there with him to give accurate reports.

Are we talking about the fellow who keeps saying Cleveland two weeks after that airshow?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Looks like it is going to be a good one! I wonder if they will break 400? Been knocking on the door all week between the two of them.

He didn't realize that Jeff Lavelle was never a part of the Sport race yesterday,
    If the announcer is calling a race and referring to an airplane that had not been off the ground for the previous two days, thinking that plane was IN the race, then all I can say he is simply not awake and needs to be gone immediately.

I have to applaud the member of this forum that went into the booth and request they stop playing loud music during the races. He needs to make one more trip back to that booth.

I take this to mean that Jeff got the airplane fixed?

GP
    Last edited by gp70442; 09-15-2019 at 09:24 AM.

^^^ It was not a demand. It was more of a plea to listen to reason. Yell at someone and they’ll never do anything for you. Make somebody laugh and you’ve got a friend.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Default Re: Jeff Lavelle mayday? Does anyone know why Lavelle pulled up on Gold Sunday?

He didn't even make it around one lap, but I never heard anything about what happened. I suspect that engine is nearing it's end. The engine has been in that plane since back around '07 or so. So it might be time for a fresh one. If it's getting that weak from being strained through so many races, I'd have concerns about flying it home over all those mountains back to Washington state.

Default Re: Jeff Lavelle mayday? Does anyone know why Lavelle pulled up on Gold Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by tedstriker View Post
    He didn't even make it around one lap, but I never heard anything about what happened. I suspect that engine is nearing it's end. The engine has been in that plane since back around '07 or so. So it might be time for a fresh one. If it's getting that weak from being strained through so many races, I'd have concerns about flying it home over all those mountains back to Washington state.
    It is my understanding that Jeff's engine was new for this year. He nuked his turbos to start with, got them sorted out late Friday night, They had some concern the new ones wouldn't clear the cowling. He took it up early for a test flight Saturday morning, everything sounded and looked good.

Jeffs engine run late Friday night.

Will