Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Live Feed for Air Races

Default Re: Live Feed for Air Races

Something is broken.
    Yes .

But....
    If we want the sport to do better, and have more interest, and fill those empty stands they were taking pictures of, should we just be satisfied with these buffoon’s announcing the race? Or should we let our voices me know for the good of the sport? I think anyone of us here could’ve done better. And get paid for it! I don’t think these guys ( The announcers )
    created any additional revenue for next year ( ticket sales ) they need to shut up during all radio Communications,
    Like all other motorsports do, and have at least one person there that knows what the hell is going on!

Quote Originally Posted by hg2992 View Post
    I think anyone of us here could’ve done better. And get paid for it!
    Truly, not nearly as easy as it looks! I agree with some of the stuff you guys are saying, but, I'd like to see a somewhat more understanding tone to the posts. I've actually met the guys up there, they are very well intentioned!

That said, there is probably only one man who ever truly was THE air race announcer and he's retired! Mr. Sandy Sanders!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

I'd like to add to above, I was really sick Sunday, running a fever of 102+ so I relied on the live feed all day while lying on my bed trying to be warm and cozy, based on what I know about how hard it is to accomplish what they are doing, and the amount of $$$ it takes to make it happen, they have done an amazing job of it and I give them a very hearty
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

I think they need to do something to bring back the "big guns". it has been said strega would come back if they had someone to race with. with rare bear and voodoo retired,it will be difficult.I hate to say it,but sunday's gold race was alittle boring.