Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Request: Report from the stands

Default Re: Request: Report from the stands

I just get annoyed. I recently finished Matthews book "Cobra" and have always considered myself well versed in P-51 lore. There was just so many little things said that were inaccurate. During the slower Unlimited races they jabbered on about Pretty Polly and after 3 days...
    In their defense they did be quiet when they went down the front straight so we could hear airplanes, not "facts".

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    I just get annoyed. I recently finished Matthews book "Cobra" and have always considered myself well versed in P-51 lore. There was just so many little things said that were inaccurate. During the slower Unlimited races they jabbered on about Pretty Polly and after 3 days...
    In their defense they did be quiet when they went down the front straight so we could hear airplanes, not "facts".
    I hear ya... with due respect to those in the booth, talking over radio calls was the one main thing that got my goat.. lap count for Sunday Gold UL was, simply.... humorious...
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Well, ultimately it is just bitching on my part. I could never sit there all day and announce.
    Those that can, do.
    Those that can't do, teach.
    Those that can't do or teach, are critics.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Well, ultimately it is just bitching on my part. I could never sit there all day and announce.
    Those that can, do.
    Those that can't do, teach.
    Those that can't do or teach, are critics.
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Was there on Saturday. Found it funny the announcer was telling us that the P51 Goldfinger had a polished finish. Really Mr. announcer? I couldn't tell from the super bright glare that could be seen for miles away. Lol

But got to be tough to fill the air time and keep it interesting, so props to the announcers.

P51 Goldfinger, formerly painted as Risky Business, and it was up for sale in 2017 for $2.5m with 10hr on the air frame since restoration.

They also said it was a 4 million rebuild...