Reno Air Races 2018 Monday fires burn, races go on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno Air Races 2018 Monday fires burn, races go on

Seems we are in a bit of a tinderbox down here! Fires again today threaten the Air Races with shared runways for fire crews.

First couple of mages are self explanatory, just enjoying the beauty of mother nature's art juxtaposed with man made art... then Fred Telling just trying to get a damn bathroom break! Gotta LOVE this guy! Tanker crews getting replenished.. saw ground crew bring on ice chest, then I believe she hit it again! View of the fire that was visible on the hill about 3 pm ish..

Apparently, some if not many air ops were cancelled today due to the tanker activity.. There was a plethora of fire fighting aircraft operating out of Reno Stead today, from Hercs to Smurfs to the crop duster size close ground support AC... sorry, did not want to swap out lenses to get ideal photos of the operational firefighters..

Was a good show watching them work tho!

Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Reno Air Races 2018 Monday fires burn, races go on

2019 Wayne, 2019!!!

Thanks for the pics! Love the UNL lineup shot
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Re: Reno Air Races 2018 Monday fires burn, races go on

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
      2019 Wayne, 2019!!!

Thanks for the pics! Love the UNL lineup shot
      I'm going to try to find the energy to post something daily.. weather report for tomorrow has me thinking of nice excuse for a day off.... As far as I can tell, the fires and tanker activity wound up killing any quals for the UL lineup...

I know you guys will get everything I miss! I'm just having fun shooting whatever makes me feel good at the time
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
      X