Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let Qualifying Begin!!!

Originally posted by boomtown View Post
    I'm surprised they are not flying out of Chester Air Attack Base. Much Closer. Maybe they can't handle the heavies?
    Even though Walker fire is in Ca.,it"s a federal fire.Chester is a Cal Fire base.Interagency and political pissing contest.Been that way for years.To bad.

Comment

Looks like an awesome (and SAFE) day of qualifying so far!

F1: Quals finalized, Fraed Naught on the pole at 249, Endeavor, Limitless, and Miss Min following

Biplane: One more plane to qualify, looks like the battle for 2nd and 3rd will be very tight this year

T-6: Baron's Revenge on the pole at 233! Radial Velocity, Midnight Miss III, and surprisingly Gunslinger ahead of Six Cat

Jet: The Vampire on the pole!!! 513 and change. American Spirit next at a relaxed 488. Just Lucky had a DQ, and No Compromises is yet to qualify

Sport: One Moment on the pole at 398, Andy's best qualifying speed yet. Sounded KILLER!!! Jeff just finished his qual and posted a 396, next a very impressive 379 by Race 24, and the Chia-prepped Miss Karen II at 358. Swiss Thunder and Relentless posted less than impressive times. I believe Swiss Thunder might've got rid of the race engine, and Relentless sounded very good and very relaxed so expect much more out of Kevin. He qualified at 325.

Unlimited: My girl Miss America the pole sitter at a cold, cloudy 414! Dreadnought is in 2nd at a underwhelming 381, not sure of the reasoning for it yet, but they still have this 2nd session and tomorrow if they want pole. With Sawbones probably out (there's stuff in the works.....), Argonaut barely inched out 924 at 372 to take the 3rd spot. Goldfinger is below 924 at 350, just 2mph ahead of Speedball Alice. Wee Willy II a bit slower than expected just qualified at 322.

Last edited by GRNDP51; 09-10-2019, 04:12 PM.
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Thank you sir! I am sitting in my RV at the keyboard attempting to relearn how to update the front page of the website after not doing it since losing my last computer to salt water bath..... UGH!!!! I will likely not make it out today so your reports are awesome information!!!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Dreadnought claims pole at 417...
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Might get a few more qualifications tomorrow for all except F1 which is finalized.

Only outlier right now is Just Lucky which Pete DQ'd the first attempt, either he's up right now or tomorrow. Scott qualified at an 'alright' 459 in the GXT.
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Vampires are freakin awesome. Thirsty beasts at 5000 feet. He wont be near that fast full of fuel but will get faster by the lap. Makes the jet race really interesting.

GRNDP51 -- THANK YOU for the updates. Those of us that can't get there until later in the week appreciate it.

Pete

Comment

Cool to see Gunslinger up there in the T6. They broke something last year (saw the airshow smoke and the mayday). I had noticed they had a lot of speed tape, so they are definitely trying to go fast. Also the top 4 are really close. Though I expect that heat to break out into a couple 1v1 battles. The dirty air from the lead planes seems to prevent a 3 to 4 way fight for a position.

Race #30 on the pole!
                "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Sounds like Sawbones is out for this year. Dreadnought a little off pace compared to years past? Just going only as fast as they need to go?
                  Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
                    Sounds like Sawbones is out for this year. Dreadnought a little off pace compared to years past? Just going only as fast as they need to go?
                    Sawbones Team released a statement that said that they had done a big sweep of the desert around pylon #2 but have not found a needed part of the canopy system, and that the damage to the left rear tail would have to be repaired and inspected before they could fly home.

Wasabi TV reported that Dreadnought was having problems with the ADI system
                    remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Working...
                    X