Burnt Images: Sunday Late Ramp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnt Images: Sunday Late Ramp

I did a bit of "drive by shooting" today, what I drove through yesterday, has now begun to blow this way... fire still not out, lots of tanker activity from both RNO and Reno Stead..

First pic caption: Where else in the world!?
    Second Pic: This is where I got the idea of burnt images for the title of the thread.. I drove through the smoke of this fire yesterday several pilots I talked with flew through it Friday/Saturday.

I mentioned it in another thread.. may not bode well for clear photography next week

Third pic caption: THIS... is going to be FUN!!!!!!!!!!!! You can just see the beginning of the wind direction shift bringing in the smoke in this shot..
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Burnt Images: Sunday Late Ramp

Dialtapper!! WE NEED YOU AND THE GLOBAL SUPER TANKER!!!!!!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

The fire is only 7% contained as of last night, with an estimated date of 9/21 for total containment. It's going to be a factor this weekend whether we like it or not, and the wind direction will dictate the severity of the smoke.

Fire at a glance (numbers) Incident Name: State: Lead Agency: Size (acres): Percent Contained: Estimate of Containment: Personnel: Structures Destroyed: Walker, Plumas NF, USFS. even miles east of Taylorsville, CA. Timber and medium logging slash. Area and road closures in effect. September 26, 2019 at 8:29 AM Today, management of the fire turns over to […]

Comment

Originally posted by Bigger Al View Post
        The fire is only 7% contained as of last night, with an estimated date of 9/21 for total containment. It's going to be a factor this weekend whether we like it or not, and the wind direction will dictate the severity of the smoke.

https://yubanet.com/Fires/walker/
        With KMEV tanker base permanently closed,and KRTS closest to fire,tanker aircraft have priority at KRTS over air races.In the past KRTS tankers always relocated to KMEV during air races.No tanker base at KRNO so the aircraft Wayne saw flying out of there were Coulson Air Tankers because they have contract fuel with Atlantic Aviation.

Comment

One of them was an Erickson MD-87.

Official Erickson Aero Tanker website featuring Erickson Aero Tanker news, Waterbomber pictures, and Md87, DC7 tanker information.

Comment

This could get interesting. Hope they have a plan for the NAHI/static ramp area.

Comment

Originally posted by Kegger View Post
              This could get interesting. Hope they have a plan for the NAHI/static ramp area.

https://fireaviation.com/2019/09/09/...craft-at-reno/
              NAHI's been pulled in front of the general admission grandstands this year.
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
              X