Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sooooo... Who's Winning?!

Default Re: Sooooo... Who's Winning?!

I don't mind the Jet Class. Nothing says we won the Cold War like watching their old war birds being used as our toys.

As to the winners, I would like to see Miss A surprise us, but if I was putting money on it, I think it would be on the Buick.

I would like to see Relentless do well, but it has not done well since the prop fell off, so I am not holding by breath. Chainsaw wings is still the one to beat in the Sport Class.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigger Al View Post
    I've always used the jet races as excuses to take my family behind the grandstands for food, souvenirs, bathroom breaks, etc. Watching an L-29 wobbling and flexing as it goes by the home pylon made that an easy decision.
    Was that with the now-banned engine swap/mount?
    "young" Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CubersWrist View Post
    More than likely yes as there hasn't been a fast L-29 at Reno in recent years besides Just Lucky. It's been 8 years, Jet class is more tame than 2009/10/11...
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '19

The winner is.... The crowd and those of us who get to shoot the races from the pylons. Doesn't matter who wins, it does matter that the races are happening. I for one am really looking forward to being able to both shoot and post some awesome stuff that I hope everyone can enjoy.

As for who will win what, I'd like to see Miss A get a win for a 50th anniversary present, but they will need 460+ to do it. No, Dreadnought hasn't been pushed hard the past couple years, but in years past it has run 450+ so it would stand to reason that if Miss A were to actually mount a real challenge, they are going to need to be able to run 460+.

In the Sport, apparently with 7 possible 400+ mph contenders, I think only 3 are going to be serious contenders and its going to be a knock down, drag out brawl to the finish on Sunday (hopefully with no actual contact with anyone.) One Moment and Jeff LaVelle are the safe bets. Relentless however is a much different bird from what it started as, and what it was the last time it raced. After all the bad luck Kevin has had over the past few years with the plane I'd love to see it in the winners circle.

Jets, Go Vampire, because, well its a Vampire.

Biplaness: Its sure to be some good close racing, may the best plane and pilot win.

IF1, Again, lots of awesome racing, would like to see Justin Phillipson do well, because I like Shoestrings. It would also be cool to see Last Lap Player run at the front as well.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by CubersWrist View Post
    I believe so. It's been many years since that happened, and the sight of it was enough to linger to this day.

The Buick may not have the speed of years past, shorter vertical stab and from what I understand a smaller prop.

I bet Dreadnought will still run 440+. The smaller tail apparently makes it faster, just harder to fly. Perhaps with the smaller prop I won't have to shoot at 1/60 sec for a full prop disk like i did last year.

Will

Your shutter setting for a full prop disk on the Buick should be unchanged since 2014 if I am correct on having a smaller prop.

Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    As for who will win what, I'd like to see Miss A get a win for a 50th anniversary present, but they will need 460+ to do it. No, Dreadnought hasn't been pushed hard the past couple years, but in years past it has run 450+ so it would stand to reason that if Miss A were to actually mount a real challenge, they are going to need to be able to run 460+.
    Didn't Ridge Runner go 490 back in 2009? I guess it is possible Miss America could run faster than Dreadnought. Maybe someone has video of the qualifying run?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDpiiusJhrU

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Didn't Ridge Runner go 490 back in 2009? I guess it is possible Miss America could run faster than Dreadnought. Maybe someone has video of the qualifying run?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDpiiusJhrU
    RR is a MUCH different animal than Miss America. Scoop/doghouse and engine tell the tale.
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '19