Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sooooo... Who's Winning?!

Default Sooooo... Who's Winning?!

This site is WAYYYY too slow right now.... Let's get it popping!

Unlimited: Miss America!!!

Sport: Way too up for grabs, I think Relentless is capable of record setting anyhow

Jet: No Compromises, would love to see Jive in the Vamp take it though!

F1: Fraed Naught

T6: Radial Velocity

Biplane: Phantom

*My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '19

Default Re: Sooooo... Who's Winning?!

Unlimited: Dread
    F1: Limitless
    Sport: 39
    T-6: Six Cat
    Bipe: Phantom
    Jet: Don't know, don't care

I would love to see Miss A take it but, Buick

One Moment- C’mon man, he’s the Champ.

Limitless

Six Cat

Phantom

Whatever
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Dang no love for the Jets. It’s amazing how much effort has been put into the mods on that aircraft. There’s a reason why everyone else has trouble keeping up. For example there is no second seat or controls (where the R2 D2 goes). Not a big deal except that the aft cockpit is the primary controls. So literally everything needed to be redone. Also it’s fun taking a picture of #5 and a picture of any other L-39 from the same angle and play “spot the differences”. All that to say: American spirit.

One Moment. 39 needs a lot just to catch up to what we had last year. 42 has had no time for fine tuning and testing (this is assuming his fb updates have been in somewhat real time and Kevin isn’t screwing with us)

Dreadnought (I’ve heard Miss A got more mods done but I’ll believe it when I see some faster numbers)

Phantom

Fraed Naught (actually did beat Limitless in the last heat race last year)

Baron’s Revenge

Edit: New FB live video of Miss A running up before departing for Reno shows they have some new wing root fairings
    Last edited by CubersWrist; 09-05-2019 at 06:29 AM.
    "young" Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    This site is WAYYYY too slow right now.... ]
    Whaaattttt!

Oh shoot. you scared me! Since about 1999, I've had this site on its own server (dedicated) in a high tech climate controlled data center. (I used to do a lot of dot dot dot's in my typing... I watch too much Steven Colbert.. I'm trying to break the habit. )

I agree, traffic to this site this year is lower than it has been, pretty much ever..

It really goes back a few years, I truly love RENO and all that it and the phrase RENO stands for
    I grew up there.

If you dig through the archives over the years, .. AAFO has had some really enthusiastic contributors, for whatever the reason, most of the "official" AAFO.COM "staff" have moved on.

When I opened this website in 1996-1997 I had two missions, promote the fate of Howard Hughes Spruce Goose, and help bring the Reno National Championship Air Races into the world of the Internet...

I just lost my train of thought and I would usually just delete this message, but I'm going to post it .. Getting personal here... one of the things that took my dad from me in '92 was Alzheimer's/Demetria. He was 40 years, almost to the day older than me. When he was my age, sixty nine, I did notice cognitive changes with him.. When he died in '92 at 81 years old, he did not remember who I was.

OK.. we return control of your television to you....
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Quote Originally Posted by CubersWrist View Post
    Dang no love for the Jets. It’s amazing how much effort has been put into the mods on that aircraft. There’s a reason why everyone else has trouble keeping up. For example there is no second seat or controls (where the R2 D2 goes). Not a big deal except that the aft cockpit is the primary controls. So literally everything needed to be redone. Also it’s fun taking a picture of #5 and a picture of any other L-39 from the same angle and play “spot the differences”. All that to say: American spirit.
    For me, there’s just been too many moments in that class that have made my butt pucker. If they could get through an entire week without doing that, I’d be much more onboard. Until then, those guys are just ****ing scary.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Fence Sence View Post
    For me, there’s just been too many moments in that class that have made my butt pucker. If they could get through an entire week without doing that, I’d be much more onboard. Until then, those guys are just ****ing scary.
    My thoughts exactly. I tend to use that class as an excuse to leave the field for a bit.

Ah now those are "legit" concerns. I am used to seeing more personal/subjective reasons like no propeller blur, too easy to photograph, not enough noise, etc.
    "young" Thomas

The jet concerns are understandable. I think it's been MUCH calmer since the "fast jet" ban, but it's still a bit sketchy.

I for one do enjoy the class still. Competitive gold field with some top guns trying to win is enough to grab my interest. Sound of course is not the same as Unlimited/Sport, but the racing is enjoyable for me to watch. I prefer it over T-6 any day.
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '19

I've always used the jet races as excuses to take my family behind the grandstands for food, souvenirs, bathroom breaks, etc. Watching an L-29 wobbling and flexing as it goes by the home pylon made that an easy decision.