Sawbones prop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sawbones prop?

Anyone got any intel on the new prop recently fitted to Sawbones?

Re: Sawbones prop?

Originally posted by cragdweller View Post
    Anyone got any intel on the new prop recently fitted to Sawbones?
    At this point I don’t think it’s anything different than the other prop. I think it’s just so they have a spare if ever needed. I hope I’m wrong however! It seems to be more of a tease of something special, but basically what they had on it prior.

Either way it’s gonna take more than a prop to keep up with Miss A and Dreadnought
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

As tease maybe the 3 bladed prop that they had on "Rare Bear".
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

All I can see is that it's a Hamilton Standard rather than the typical Skyraider Aero Products. Everyone else runs the Aero Products prop, there must be a reason for this. I haven't found a single pic of a Sea Fury running a HS prop other than the recently released Sawbones pics.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
          All I can see is that it's a Hamilton Standard rather than the typical Skyraider Aero Products. Everyone else runs the Aero Products prop, there must be a reason for this. I haven't found a single pic of a Sea Fury running a HS prop other than the recently released Sawbones pics.

Will
          Riffraff Race 99 did

Comment

So did "Super Chief", Jim Mott's Sea Fury, the old "Miss Merced". I know it got dinged up one year on an aborted takeoff.
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Cheaper to run a Ham Std?
              Random Air Blog

Comment

I may be mistaken, but didn't Sawbones end up with most/all of Riff Raff's go fast parts? If so, this could be a spare from Riff Raff.

Still, it begs the question, why run an HS rather than the AP that everyone else runs? When you only have 3 Sea Furies who have run the HS prop throughout the years, you have to wonder why?

Will

Comment

Working...
                X