Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Reno 2019 Entries

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,872

    Default Re: Reno 2019 Entries

    Quote Originally Posted by Fence Sence View Post
    ^^^Czech Mate and Voodoo are retired from racing. I thought I heard some scuttlebutt about Strega coming but I donít think that is going to happen.
    Chris Fahey seems to think that Voodoo being "retired" is definitely not true. "Just ask Steven"... Rare Bear and Voodoo are both doing record runs next year, maybe Reno becomes a part of that. For Bear it might just have to be, that'll at least bring Strega back..
    *My Air Race Site*

    Reno from '99 to '19

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    1,476

    Default Re: Reno 2019 Entries

    Top rumor. "Tiger" & "Strega" with a stock engine. Pilot?
    Lockheed Bob

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,872

    Default Re: Reno 2019 Entries

    Quote Originally Posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
    Top rumor. "Tiger" & "Strega" with a stock engine. Pilot?
    If the slight chance of it happens, I donít think anyone besides Steven would fly it
    *My Air Race Site*

    Reno from '99 to '19

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    202

    Default Re: Reno 2019 Entries

    Quote Originally Posted by Fence Sence View Post
    ^^^Czech Mate and Voodoo are retired from racing. I thought I heard some scuttlebutt about Strega coming but I donít think that is going to happen.
    Is Smoot retired? Haven't heard his name mentioned in a while, other than being in attendance for "meetings" (not sure if it was safety, pilot association, or related meetings).

  5. #15

    Default Re: Reno 2019 Entries

    Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    If the slight chance of it happens, I donít think anyone besides Steven would fly it
    I know a guy. All they gotta do is ask
    "young" Thomas

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,872

    Default Re: Reno 2019 Entries

    Quote Originally Posted by marada mx3 View Post
    Is Smoot retired? Haven't heard his name mentioned in a while, other than being in attendance for "meetings" (not sure if it was safety, pilot association, or related meetings).
    He still "races" Argonaut. A lot less demanding and much more enjoyable than CM.
    *My Air Race Site*

    Reno from '99 to '19

  7. #17

    Default Re: Reno 2019 Entries

    Be sure to check out Biplane #3 this year. He's got some very cool 3D printed inlets. He has several sets with different opening diameters so he can tune the cooling and reduce drag.

    (Sam I saw you've gone public about the inlets on fb so I figure you wouldn't mind me talking about them here)
    "young" Thomas

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,872

    Default Re: Reno 2019 Entries

    There were 2 more Unlimited's added as of the initial entry list, more than likely Eagle's Wings and Crusader, but I have yet to get confirmation.

    Sport is currently at 36, same number as last year. They allow 40 to show up, correct? Anywhere from 36-40 in my eyes is a "full" sport field. Pretty cool that just under half of those are capable of 300+ give or take!
    Last edited by GRNDP51; 08-21-2019 at 09:53 AM.
    *My Air Race Site*

    Reno from '99 to '19

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,872

    Default Re: Reno 2019 Entries

    Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    There were 2 more Unlimited's added as of the initial entry list, more than likely Eagle's Wings and Crusader, but I have yet to get confirmation.
    Confirmed to be Robbie Patterson flying Wee Willy II, and Dan Vance in Speedball.

    Maybe 14 entries this year with Eagle's Wings and Crusader...?
    *My Air Race Site*

    Reno from '99 to '19

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,872

    Default Re: Reno 2019 Entries

    *My Air Race Site*

    Reno from '99 to '19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •