Reno 2019 Entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno 2019 Entries

Hey all, got a little update on the entries. Was not allowed to see the entry list just yet, but got to ask some questions. For those that would like to know, there are currently 10 Unlimiteds listed. There will more than likely be 12, but there is a chance of 14. Without saying outright, those 14 would be our exact field as last year minus Full Noise.

Yes, Miss America will be back

Thought that would make some Unlimited fans happy. I think Doc has a better chance of taking on Dreadnought this year with the cobwebs brushed off and knowing to get around Sawbones on Friday, if not qualify ahead of them. Let’s go Doc!
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Reno 2019 Entries

Let me know if rumors are OK for a famous unlimited to appear?
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
      Let me know if rumors are OK for a famous unlimited to appear?
      You mean Miss Van Nuys? That rumor is less rumor and pretty much a given. Vicky isn't racing it, but is bringing it assuming there is pit space for it. (I don't think that will be a problem.)

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
        You mean Miss Van Nuys? That rumor is less rumor and pretty much a given. Vicky isn't racing it, but is bringing it assuming there is pit space for it. (I don't think that will be a problem.)

Will

I think he may have meant the new gate guard for the executive crappers.
        Last edited by Race5; 08-05-2019, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
          Hey all, got a little update on the entries. Was not allowed to see the entry list just yet, but got to ask some questions. For those that would like to know, there are currently 10 Unlimiteds listed. There will more than likely be 12, but there is a chance of 14. Without saying outright, those 14 would be our exact field as last year minus Full Noise.

Yes, Miss America will be back

Thought that would make some Unlimited fans happy. I think Doc has a better chance of taking on Dreadnought this year with the cobwebs brushed off and knowing to get around Sawbones on Friday, if not qualify ahead of them. Let’s go Doc!
          I'm gonna guess you made no inquiries on Biplanes, eh?

Sam Swift
          (fwiw...we'll be there in Race 3)
          Biplane Race #3

Comment

Originally posted by flyboycpa View Post
            I'm gonna guess you made no inquiries on Biplanes, eh?

Sam Swift
            (fwiw...we'll be there in Race 3)
            Didn’t want to ask too much! Glad you’ll be there!
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Didn’t want to ask too much! Glad you’ll be there!
              I've never understood why everyone wants to keep the competitors list such a big secret. Either you entered, or you didn't.
              Last edited by flyboycpa; 08-06-2019, 04:57 PM.
              Biplane Race #3

Comment

Originally posted by flyboycpa View Post
                I've never understood why everyone wants to keep the competitors list such a big secret. Either you entered, or you didn't.
                They make a big secret of it for legal reasons.RARA caught flake one year because they were hyping on their brochure handout the BIG match between RB and Strega and all these other unlimiteds.Well,either RB or Strega didnt show.A lot of people were counting on this BIG matchup and one of the hyped players didnt show with a couple of other heavy hitters.Many pissed off people,some asking for refunds.People claimed they were baited.
                Now if RARA was paying for certain aircraft to "show",thats a different story.

Comment

Is Strega going to make it this year? Whatever happened to Czech Mate? Any word on Voodoo?

Comment

^^^Czech Mate and Voodoo are retired from racing. I thought I heard some scuttlebutt about Strega coming but I don’t think that is going to happen.
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                      ^^^Czech Mate and Voodoo are retired from racing. I thought I heard some scuttlebutt about Strega coming but I don’t think that is going to happen.
                      Chris Fahey seems to think that Voodoo being "retired" is definitely not true. "Just ask Steven"... Rare Bear and Voodoo are both doing record runs next year, maybe Reno becomes a part of that. For Bear it might just have to be, that'll at least bring Strega back..
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Top rumor. "Tiger" & "Strega" with a stock engine. Pilot?
                        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                          Top rumor. "Tiger" & "Strega" with a stock engine. Pilot?
                          If the slight chance of it happens, I don’t think anyone besides Steven would fly it
                          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                            Is Smoot retired? Haven't heard his name mentioned in a while, other than being in attendance for "meetings" (not sure if it was safety, pilot association, or related meetings).

Comment

If the slight chance of it happens, I don’t think anyone besides Steven would fly it
                              I know a guy. All they gotta do is ask
                              "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X