Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reno 2019 Entries

Default Reno 2019 Entries

Hey all, got a little update on the entries. Was not allowed to see the entry list just yet, but got to ask some questions. For those that would like to know, there are currently 10 Unlimiteds listed. There will more than likely be 12, but there is a chance of 14. Without saying outright, those 14 would be our exact field as last year minus Full Noise.

Yes, Miss America will be back

Thought that would make some Unlimited fans happy. I think Doc has a better chance of taking on Dreadnought this year with the cobwebs brushed off and knowing to get around Sawbones on Friday, if not qualify ahead of them. Letís go Doc!
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '19

Default Re: Reno 2019 Entries

Let me know if rumors are OK for a famous unlimited to appear?
    Lockheed Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
    Let me know if rumors are OK for a famous unlimited to appear?
    You mean Miss Van Nuys? That rumor is less rumor and pretty much a given. Vicky isn't racing it, but is bringing it assuming there is pit space for it. (I don't think that will be a problem.)

Will

Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    You mean Miss Van Nuys? That rumor is less rumor and pretty much a given. Vicky isn't racing it, but is bringing it assuming there is pit space for it. (I don't think that will be a problem.)

Will

I think he may have meant the new gate guard for the executive crappers.
    Last edited by Race5; 08-05-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    Hey all, got a little update on the entries. Was not allowed to see the entry list just yet, but got to ask some questions. For those that would like to know, there are currently 10 Unlimiteds listed. There will more than likely be 12, but there is a chance of 14. Without saying outright, those 14 would be our exact field as last year minus Full Noise.

Yes, Miss America will be back

Thought that would make some Unlimited fans happy. I think Doc has a better chance of taking on Dreadnought this year with the cobwebs brushed off and knowing to get around Sawbones on Friday, if not qualify ahead of them. Letís go Doc!
    I'm gonna guess you made no inquiries on Biplanes, eh?

Sam Swift
    (fwiw...we'll be there in Race 3)
    Biplane Race #3

Quote Originally Posted by flyboycpa View Post
    I'm gonna guess you made no inquiries on Biplanes, eh?

Sam Swift
    (fwiw...we'll be there in Race 3)
    Didnít want to ask too much! Glad youíll be there!
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '19

Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    Didn’t want to ask too much! Glad you’ll be there!
    I've never understood why everyone wants to keep the competitors list such a big secret. Either you entered, or you didn't.
    Last edited by flyboycpa; 08-06-2019 at 04:57 PM.
    Biplane Race #3

Quote Originally Posted by flyboycpa View Post
    I've never understood why everyone wants to keep the competitors list such a big secret. Either you entered, or you didn't.
    They make a big secret of it for legal reasons.RARA caught flake one year because they were hyping on their brochure handout the BIG match between RB and Strega and all these other unlimiteds.Well,either RB or Strega didnt show.A lot of people were counting on this BIG matchup and one of the hyped players didnt show with a couple of other heavy hitters.Many pissed off people,some asking for refunds.People claimed they were baited.
    Now if RARA was paying for certain aircraft to "show",thats a different story.

Is Strega going to make it this year? Whatever happened to Czech Mate? Any word on Voodoo?

^^^Czech Mate and Voodoo are retired from racing. I thought I heard some scuttlebutt about Strega coming but I don’t think that is going to happen.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!