Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2019 Random Images

Default Re: Oshkosh 2019 Random Images

Quote Originally Posted by W J Pearce View Post
    Thanks all. The images should be bigger, but better than nothing.
    What do you guys need to be able to post LARGE photos?

We live on a full on web server capable of a hundred or so websites with associated "stuff"...

I can easily upgrade those of you who want a place to put your full size, or whatever size images. I can put protection on them so they can't be "leached" (hotlinked images from one website to another, traffic for images paid for by hosting server... not fair!)

Anyway

Message board software, which is not freeware, and is supported for security updates, also has a gallery feature.. I have not explored it but, those of you who want more image size.. I'm totally game to make it happen!

Server cost is $210.00 a month right now, google ad revenue runs between a bit less than half per month, to sometimes half or more.. (RARE!)

We also have the honor of hosting a few really historic and important websites that live here for free... the heritage trophy website has lived on this server since its inception! We're really proud to support this extremely important aviation heritage treasure trove!

ANYWAY. The space is there, I have a responsibility to keep it there, there is quite a bit of excess server capability; given that it's working well and so far I can afford making up any discrepancy's in the server cost vs income monthly, why not use it?
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    What do you guys need to be able to post LARGE photos?
    Hello Wayne,

My comment was more of a self-reflection / rhetorical comment wondering what I did. My images are sized to 1,200 px. The ones I first posted are scaled to 640 px, and the second batch, as well as Will's images, are scaled to 940 px. The 940 px seem to fit perfectly within the forum's frame, and I had no idea what I did to make my first batch appear at 640 px. After that post, I figured the smaller images were a result of the ad that appears on the first post. However, I certainly don't want ads to go away (covering half the server cost is better than nothing). I want all revenue steams feeding to AAFO to keep flowing and ease the burden on your wallet.

So, my comment that "the images should be bigger" was the 640 px realized vs the 940 px I expected. Don't make any changes on account of me, everything is working just fine.

A few more...

Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Bill,
    Awesome stuff. I really dig that shot of the jet engine with all the heat discoloration.

Wayne, my shots are being linked from FB, not the greatest resolution. It would be really cool if there were a way to click on the linked pics and view them in a larger format. I'd love to upload my stuff directly too the page, but all my images are WAY too large for that, short of double saving them (one at full resolution, and one small) I think the only solution is to link them from off site.

Will

Whooooo... These are these nice photos! Keeps the "Aviation Blood Pumping"! I've appreciated them immensely.

Dang it! everything is in a hurry these days.... including posting. Gotta run.

In the links tab under the crappy stock, never got "roundtoit" header graphics, under the "community" tab, there's an album link. I'm pretty sure it allows you guys to create album/gallery space.. If one of you looks into it and sees opportunities or things I can do to make it better.. like lager image size uploads.. you got it!

I neglected mentioning above that we also receive support for the server from pylon1.org, air racing's good friend Mark Kallio!

THANKS AGAIN YOU GUYS FOR SUPER IMAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

More...

Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Meaningless test post
    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

I run into this damn Pearce guy too much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8815 Julie Clark.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	602.6 KB 
ID:	24297   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8292 USAF Heritage Flight.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	425.0 KB 
ID:	24296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5765 P-51 Mustang Paul I.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	770.9 KB 
ID:	24295   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7005 F-22 Raptor.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	452.8 KB 
ID:	24294  

Quote Originally Posted by T. Adams View Post
    I run into this damn Pearce guy too much.
    Pfft, stop following me!

If you closely compare the images, (and ignore that yours is sharper, brighter, has more contrast and is all-around better) they were taken at pretty much the same angle and time. Look at the F-22's tail shadow. Look at the gap between the P-51's vertical stab and trailing edge of the left wing. We were sharing a brain at that moment.

Tow bars and canopy covers forever my friend.
    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press