Oshkosh 2019 Random Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oshkosh 2019 Random Images

Feel free to post your Oshkosh AirVenture images (or video) here.

Last edited by W J Pearce; 08-02-2019, 09:04 AM.
    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Re: Oshkosh 2019 Random Images

Gorgeous shots, Bill. Thank you for sharing.

I don't want to hijack this thread with video posts, but I felt the Oshkosh 2019 theme was appropriate.

FYI - following are links to a few YouTube videos of the XP-82 flight demonstration, posted by Airshow Stuff Videos.

Tail Cam:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR-ZRq_6DoE

Rt Cockpit Cam:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT9a...ature=youtu.be
    Merlins in Stereo...! Awesome!!!

From the Ground:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUrk...ature=youtu.be
    What a sight to behold! Unfortunate about some of the ambient sounds that crept in from time to time.

A better one from the ground. Some very nice passes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e90dXmFfNAQ

Bob
    Last edited by Triple-B; 08-01-2019, 11:08 PM.
    Triple-B

Comment

Good stuff (as always) Bill!

I'd think video links are appropriate in this thread!! We almost always seem to wind up with a great OSH thread or two!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I've seen a couple of Will's pictures and they are astounding as usual.

Hopefully he'll post some of the ones he is allowed to.
        remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post
          I've seen a couple of Will's pictures and they are astounding as usual.

Hopefully he'll post some of the ones he is allowed to.
          Yeah, I'd love to share the ones I had to pull, but since they are slated for publication, I'm not sure when that will be. The funny thing is, those that I posted are not as good as some of the ones I haven't processed yet. (I've looked at the ones not done on the camera, and they are pretty cool, like a lightning bolt that looks like its jumping from one P82 prop to the other.) I think I had my best event shooting ever at Osh '19. I did shoot some crap, but there are are an awful lot of perfect or near perfect prop disks, (Of things in flight and on the ground) awesome sunrises and sunsets, night airshow shots that are tack sharp of the guy in the Super Chipmunk. I was tasked to do the static shots for the Luscombe model 4 (with the radial engine), the Antonov AN2, and a group shoot with 3 generations of Missoula MT smoke jumper planes (One of the Trimotors, DC3 "Miss Montana" and the Short Sherpa.) I could have stuff in at least 3 issues of Sport Aviation, or Vintage aviation, or Warbirds with possible cover shots for all three. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Until this happens however, my hands are kinda tied for posting the really good stuff.

Will

Comment

Heck with it, I don't think any of these will be published.

That should be a good start.

Will

Comment

Thanks all. The images should be bigger, but better than nothing.

Will - Those night shots are amazing. I hope we will get to see more of your work.

Bob - Not hijacking at all, and thanks for the video. I had not seen the tail view, but the cockpit is still my favorite.

Since we are talking about the XP-82....

Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

A few more...

Will

Comment

And some monochrome shots

Will

Comment

Thanks Bill and Will,

Some wonderful stuff. Keep sharing.

Message for Owen and RARA - Have you considered inviting the XP82 to Reno as a special guest??

Static display, couple start-ups and flybys would work for me :-)

Not something that we will ever experience again.

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce View Post
                      Thanks all. The images should be bigger, but better than nothing.
                      What do you guys need to be able to post LARGE photos?

We live on a full on web server capable of a hundred or so websites with associated "stuff"...

I can easily upgrade those of you who want a place to put your full size, or whatever size images. I can put protection on them so they can't be "leached" (hotlinked images from one website to another, traffic for images paid for by hosting server... not fair!)

Anyway

Message board software, which is not freeware, and is supported for security updates, also has a gallery feature.. I have not explored it but, those of you who want more image size.. I'm totally game to make it happen!

Server cost is $210.00 a month right now, google ad revenue runs between a bit less than half per month, to sometimes half or more.. (RARE!)

We also have the honor of hosting a few really historic and important websites that live here for free... the heritage trophy website has lived on this server since its inception! We're really proud to support this extremely important aviation heritage treasure trove!

ANYWAY. The space is there, I have a responsibility to keep it there, there is quite a bit of excess server capability; given that it's working well and so far I can afford making up any discrepancy's in the server cost vs income monthly, why not use it?
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                        What do you guys need to be able to post LARGE photos?
                        Hello Wayne,

My comment was more of a self-reflection / rhetorical comment wondering what I did. My images are sized to 1,200 px. The ones I first posted are scaled to 640 px, and the second batch, as well as Will's images, are scaled to 940 px. The 940 px seem to fit perfectly within the forum's frame, and I had no idea what I did to make my first batch appear at 640 px. After that post, I figured the smaller images were a result of the ad that appears on the first post. However, I certainly don't want ads to go away (covering half the server cost is better than nothing). I want all revenue steams feeding to AAFO to keep flowing and ease the burden on your wallet.

So, my comment that "the images should be bigger" was the 640 px realized vs the 940 px I expected. Don't make any changes on account of me, everything is working just fine.

A few more...

Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

Bill,
                          Awesome stuff. I really dig that shot of the jet engine with all the heat discoloration.

Wayne, my shots are being linked from FB, not the greatest resolution. It would be really cool if there were a way to click on the linked pics and view them in a larger format. I'd love to upload my stuff directly too the page, but all my images are WAY too large for that, short of double saving them (one at full resolution, and one small) I think the only solution is to link them from off site.

Will

Comment

Whooooo... These are these nice photos! Keeps the "Aviation Blood Pumping"! I've appreciated them immensely.

Comment

Dang it! everything is in a hurry these days.... including posting. Gotta run.

Comment

Working...
                              X