Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Red Bull Air Race ending

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post

They are ONLY interested in creating and branding their own 'extreme' sports, not entering into existing markets. It is more cost effective for them to hold wacky events all over the world that involve a younger generation--that is more likely to buy their product.

Don't use their involvement in Formula 1 as a blueprint--go back and do some research on WHY the owner of Red Bull (Dietrich Mateschitz) bought the team (for a single U.S. dollar) and how they use it to market their product through the Red Bull and Toro Rosso teams. They will never be a part of motorsports sponsorships in the United States...not NASCAR, not IndyCar, not NHRA, no class of boat racing, let alone an insignificant (as far as they are concerned) event like the Reno Air Races. It just won't happen. Dreaming is all it will ever be..
    Supercross
    Motocross
    Motogp
    World Rally Championship

All 4 of those were around for decades before Redbull got involved. SuperCross and Motocross are AMERICAN motorsports series.

Dont let Redbull involvement in Formula one distract you from everything else they do
    Last edited by flyingjibus; 05-31-2019, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Red Bull working with Indy Car

IndyCar will introduce an aeroscreen cockpit protection device developed in partnership with the Red Bull Formula 1 team's Advanced Technologies arm for the 2020 season

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/tags/indy-car
      Last edited by flyingjibus; 05-31-2019, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Not

Gonna

Happen

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
          Red Bull working with Indy Car

IndyCar will introduce an aeroscreen cockpit protection device developed in partnership with the Red Bull Formula 1 team's Advanced Technologies arm for the 2020 season

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/tags/indy-car
          Indycar is paying Red Bull for that R&D. Red Bull had developed it for F1 before they went with the halo design. Now they are adapting it to mount to the Indycar tub.

Comment

I'm apparently one of the few that really enjoyed the RBAR. I saw it as something completely different than NCAR. Different planes, different type of competition, different kind of excitement. I was looking forward to attending a race in the next year or two. I agree that there is nothing like race week at Reno but I think it's a loss to aviation in general.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
              A voice of logic and reason!!

Red Bull has done more for motor sports than any company in the history of man.

How soon we forget a little company called "Budweiser".....

Comment

Working...
              X