• Show
Clear All

• PRS 2019

101 planes...? Still waiting on a list.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: PRS 2019

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    101 planes...? Still waiting on a list.
    Sport class is probably half of that. 16 or so STOL drag guys. 6-8 jets, couple of T6, 5-6 F1s. A couple of unlimited guys that haven't raced recently. Thom and Dusty I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
      Sport class is probably half of that. 16 or so STOL drag guys. 6-8 jets, couple of T6, 5-6 F1s. A couple of unlimited guys that haven't raced recently. Thom and Dusty I think.
      Probably about right, I didn't know the STOL guys would be included.
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Goforth said there were 17 IF1 rookies
        "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

I'm not sure Dusty will be racing. Both the Yak and Mustang are in lots of pieces. He's too busy with work to get anything done on either one. I'd guess either Thom or Dusty could recertify in September since they have both raced in the past.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
            Only a few brining an airplane though.

Comment

I would think depending on Unlimited participation that Sanders will bring 924 for help with re-certs.
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
                Yes! Still waiting for the IF1 grudge match of the top 3 unlimited pilots against the top 3 IF1 pilots.
                Random Air Blog

Comment

Little update for those not on Facebook keeping up, I'm not on site but this is what I've seen...

924 and Goldfinger are there representing the Unlimiteds. No idea who the rookies are yet. I know Thom is busy this weekend with the TP-40 in Reading so he won't be in attendance. Sherm is in EU with the C-47 so I assume Brian or Joel and Mike Brown are the checkout pilots.

Sport Class well represented as usual, a few Gold planes as well. Sean Van Hatten's new Super Glasair Race 3, One Moment, Sterling's Race 8 is there with a new prop after last years misfortune, Super Glasair Race 24, and Breathless!

I saw Miss Min in some pictures, Biplane 314 is a new red Pitts, I imagine a few Cassutts are present too

Jet class sees the return of the Vampire with Ultimate Aviation's black "Stealth" that raced in 2017. Now being raced by a very capable rookie Jive Kerby, race 11 named "Dark Shadow". Aside from that a few new L-39's on site, and Scott Farnsworth's new L-39GXT Super Albatros. 8 jets in total for them on the ramp.

STOL heavily represented! I think 14 of them are there, all of them were "forced" to put race numbers on looking good!

Unlimiteds were up this afternoon for some casual turns around the sticks.
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                    so I assume Brian or Joel and Mike Brown are the checkout pilots.
                    Mike Brown is there as a student.

Comment

Well I mean....
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Haha, after watching his starts and races last year, I have to wonder if there was outside pressure to make this happen. Sketchy was the word, and I think all parties involved would like to see less sketchy.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                          Haha, after watching his starts and races last year, I have to wonder if there was outside pressure to make this happen. Sketchy was the word, and I think all parties involved would like to see less sketchy.

Will
                          ...x2
                          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post

Will
                            There was..

Comment

Pretty well written RGJ article on the STOL drags and certification at Reno yesterday.

Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                              X