Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Sport Gold Synopsis

Originally posted by Race 8 View Post
    When I was at Oshkosh last month I had a mild heart attack. Big surprise considering I am in good shape, not overweight and I don't drink or smoke. Genetics…. A nice way to screw up your vacation.
    I am home recovering and things are going well. I am grounded for a mandatory six months. I will be back racing next year! It's just too much fun…

Dave
    Glad you dodged the big one buddy! You've got a bunch of folks pulling for you! Get Well!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Speedy Recovery for you. Take care. Be back in 2020
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Damn dude. Sorry to hear that. Glad you’re back on the mend. Get back for 2020 ASAP.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Hey Owen, Thomas, whoever knows,

What is the waitlist procedure? I thought 40 were allowed on the entries? Olivier Langeard says he's on the waitlsit with his Epsilon, which has gotta be faster than a lot of the RV's on the list so I didn't think it was a lack of speed waitlist.
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Full field is 36 or 37 planes. I think a couple years ago they allowed 40 on the ramp, but that number has come down.

The waitlist is based on official speeds on the course.
            Unofficially, Olivier's Epsilon is faster with the new engine and other aero mods. But he did not get all the mods done in time for PRS to post a new official time. To make it fair to the people who did make it to PRS to post a new official time, his official time from last year had to be used.

Also the whole thing about Karl Grove's liquid cooled engine was just a bunch of talk.
            "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
              Full field is 36 or 37 planes. I think a couple years ago they allowed 40 on the ramp, but that number has come down.

The waitlist is based on official speeds on the course.
              Unofficially, Olivier's Epsilon is faster with the new engine and other aero mods. But he did not get all the mods done in time for PRS to post a new official time. To make it fair to the people who did make it to PRS to post a new official time, his official time from last year had to be used.

Also the whole thing about Karl Grove's liquid cooled engine was just a bunch of talk.
              Ok got it, I was under the impression it was 40 could come and top 36 are allowed to race. In 2017 I was talking to Brett Schuck on the field about the process of allowing 40 to qualify and he said it was "different", and just looking at the reports now, there are a few at the bottom of the pack that didn't get to race on Sunday. I don't understand how that works, so I support topping out at 36. Sucks the Epsilon might get hosed this year though

Is the engine a bunch of talk in general or just this year? Fine by me that he's keeping something proven for 2019... Realistically probably going to be a faster plane as is until that engine is thoroughly tested.
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

The goal is to have some provisional aircraft lined up in the event an aircraft breaks early in the week, that way the class can maintain a full field.

So far as I know the engine has never been run. But given the interest around it I'm sure they will develop it further.
                "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

So the final tally for Sport Gold contenders this year is 10 plus Modo Mio and Breathless as backup. More than likely IF there are no breaks (Race 67 might already be........), then I would wager Clas Thunder will be top of Silver, and the other 9 will be in the Gold, every single one of them top 3 capable, that is AWESOME!!!

Pete Zaccagnino pulled Race 28 out of the running this year. 3 VERY fast Legacy's still on the roster!

Tom McNerney also made a nice little recap similar to my initial post, with some more insight than I was able to provide. Thanks for the info Tom!!! Hope you're in it with your Legacy next year

Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Updated the main post to reflect our current pole sitter - Sean Van Hatten - and his very unfortunate belly landing this afternoon. Wishing Sean the best and hoping he is ok!

And current 2nd place is Mathias Haid in the 5-blade Thunder Mustang at 328mph, very respectable!
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

• Re: 2019 Sport Gold Synopsis

^^^Ya, that’s right at what I clocked him at.

Comment

From everything so far it looks like the possible Gold winners are One Moment, Race 39, Race 24, Miss Karen II, and Relentless.

Mojo just won't be fast enough, it doesn't seem like Swiss Thunder has the race setup anymore, Clas Thunder I will be back of the pack, and GA1 just isn't a Gold plane I guess.
                        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

^^^...and that’s why they run the races.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Fence Sence; 09-13-2019, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Sunday!

So, the 30 hasn’t skipped a beat. 39 seemed to have a good day yesterday. The 42 is finally getting up to speed.

What’s gonna happen today?

Comment

What happened to the 24 yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                                What happened to the 24 yesterday?
                                I’m pretty upset and confused with how this is working. 24 doesn’t get to race today because it didn’t finish yesterday so they filled the class with reserve planes...??? And the Vampire doesn’t get to race either? This is stupid!
                                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                                X