Thread: 232

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 232

Look's like the sale is pending on platinum fighters, anyone know where it might head to? Going stock or racing again? Hoping for the latter.....

Default Re: 232

Quote Originally Posted by rforslund View Post
    Look's like the sale is pending on platinum fighters, anyone know where it might head to? Going stock or racing again? Hoping for the latter.....
    Returning to stock and heading overseas is what I am hearing.

Sad.....

Is it correct that 232 hasn't flown (or even been given any love) since the sneeze when Hoot was flying her at Reno? Such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by marada mx3 View Post
    Is it correct that 232 hasn't flown (or even been given any love) since the sneeze when Hoot was flying her at Reno? Such a shame.
    I believe that is the case and has not flown since. It's too bad, could have won last year-

It just kills me to hear that another of the few Super Unlimited's is going back to stock.

When these planes are purchased by someone of great means and then NOT raced, it is a huge disappointment to the true "fans of the fastest" and (I believe) ultimately contributes to the demise of the Unlimited division and the sport in general.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
    Sad.....
    Rare Bear will look great as a stocker in shiny Navy blue, stars and bars, and a stock R-2800 back on the nose, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by toldjaso View Post
    Rare Bear will look great as a stocker in shiny Navy blue, stars and bars, and a stock R-2800 back on the nose, eh?
    A valid plan if they want to go faster .............

.....you forgot the T, as in TF8F-2! (jus' like Stilletto)
    Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Wow, you went there. I've never been worried about the Bear being turned into a stocker. Especially since she wasn't a stocker to begin with. I hope the day never comes and I hope no one has even had the thought of turning Rare Bear stock. If she never flies again, I'd rather see it in a museum.