Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 232

Default 232

Look's like the sale is pending on platinum fighters, anyone know where it might head to? Going stock or racing again? Hoping for the latter.....

Default Re: 232

Quote Originally Posted by rforslund View Post
    Look's like the sale is pending on platinum fighters, anyone know where it might head to? Going stock or racing again? Hoping for the latter.....
    Returning to stock and heading overseas is what I am hearing.

Sad.....

Is it correct that 232 hasn't flown (or even been given any love) since the sneeze when Hoot was flying her at Reno? Such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by marada mx3 View Post
    Is it correct that 232 hasn't flown (or even been given any love) since the sneeze when Hoot was flying her at Reno? Such a shame.
    I believe that is the case and has not flown since. It's too bad, could have won last year-

It just kills me to hear that another of the few Super Unlimited's is going back to stock.

When these planes are purchased by someone of great means and then NOT raced, it is a huge disappointment to the true "fans of the fastest" and (I believe) ultimately contributes to the demise of the Unlimited division and the sport in general.

100% agree Russ. This is exactly what I was feeling last night when I read the news. It really makes me think the unlimited division dies a slow death each time someone buys a racer and never races them again (Riff Raff, Ridge Runner III, Furias, Bad Attitude, Steadfast, and now perhaps 232, just to name a few).

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Adkins View Post
    100% agree Russ. This is exactly what I was feeling last night when I read the news. It really makes me think the unlimited division dies a slow death each time someone buys a racer and never races them again (Riff Raff, Ridge Runner III, Furias, Bad Attitude, Steadfast, and now perhaps 232, just to name a few).
    Furias might be back one of these days along with Miss Merced. Eric has been slowly working on Furias with Miss TNT being the current focus-

Quote Originally Posted by rforslund View Post
    Furias might be back one of these days along with Miss Merced. Eric has been slowly working on Furias with Miss TNT being the current focus-
    I respect what Eric is doing with the T-6, and it's clear he loves Reno, but how long has it been since Miss Merced rounded the pylons? If he waits too much longer with Miss Merced and Furias there might not be anywhere to race them. Not trying to pile on Eric, I'm just worried about the future of the unlimiteds if more and more racers are sold to people who don't race or are turned back to stock.
    Last edited by Ken Adkins; 03-22-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Would I rather a plane race or not race? The easy answer is race.
    For me the harder question is, would you rather a plane race and crash or live on as a stocker or in a museum?

Now I know we don't really get that "choice" but I think when we start talking about decisions made by the owner I think it is worth remembering the risk. Look at PM. With 20/20 hindsight I think we all would prefer if PM had taken a year off in 2015 and come back safely in 2016. Super Corsair might be even a better example as I've read they were finding metal in the filters and raced anyway.
    Last edited by CubersWrist; 03-22-2019 at 01:09 PM.
    "young" Thomas