X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyfire Reno

1985?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D_Hm0dfLMM

Anyone know which Mister Mulligan airplane is shown in the beginning?
    Random Air Blog

Re: Skyfire Reno

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
    1985?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D_Hm0dfLMM

Anyone know which Mister Mulligan airplane is shown in the beginning?
    The replica NR273Y built by Jim Younkin

Comment

"BradFire" is better.......jussayin'
      Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Originally posted by SpinB View Post
        "BradFire" is better.......jussayin'
        "Which" Bradfire?

Comment

Reminds me why these videos were so disappointing. Almost all of it has nothing to do with unlimited racing- only the very end has the unlimiteds. It’s fine for viewing aerobatic acts. And “ it’s not reporting” to quote one review of these I read once in Pacific Flyer.

Comment

This was the original Skyfire that came out in early 1985, showcasing things from the 1983 races. I remember buying this on VHS when it first came out and being awfully disappointed in what I got overall, yet the minute or so at the end that shows the planes taxiing out for the Championship race still get me every time...I would love to have access to the raw footage from it. Dreadnought, Dago, Rare Bear, Strega, Precious Metal, Sumthin' Else, Mangia Pane, Super Corsair, and even the Whittington H (which was edited in there out of sequence, since it was in the Bronze race). Good stuff.

Skyfire got better over the years. Kind of. But they still catered to the casual fan as opposed to the hard-core race fan.

Comment

So much cool footage available and that was final product? Almost unwatchable. Of course, for anybody on this forum, its probably the same.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

What happened to Jim Mitchell? Retire?

Comment

Been emailing Jim in the last month. Ordered some of the DVDs (since this was mostly before I was born) and got him to sponsor Outlaw Air Racing at Reno this year, by letting the team sell the Skyfire DVDs in our pit.
                  "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                    "Which" Bradfire?
                    ...any / all! They're RACE, not show!
                    Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Originally posted by SpinB View Post
                      ...any / all! They're RACE, not show!
                      No, I meant "my" Bradfire...which was the videos that I started doing in 1989, or Bradley Orr's website.

Comment

Didn't Skyfire document Tsunamis 3K record attempt prior to Reno '89 or '91? I remember the video had excerpts with one line I'll never forget from one of the crew members when the gear leg collapsed, "Run for the hills!". I still have a few of those videos around here somewhere, does VHS age well?
                        Last edited by knot4u; 03-12-2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                          No, I meant "my" Bradfire...which was the videos that I started doing in 1989, or Bradley Orr's website.
                          I meant the videos YOU uploaded to u-toob. I haven't seen any of the "other brad" videos. (that i'm aware of that is!)

Comment

I still have the Sky Fire Tsunami, Lefty Garner & Bob Hover in VHS form. I may decide to sell them. They still play OK.
                            Lockheed Bob

Comment

Working...
                            X