Can our story help air racing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can our story help air racing?

I'm sharing this story here in hopes that the clever folks that frequent this board might have ideas about how it can be used to help popularize air racing. Or at least send some good PR towards the air races. Neither my dad orI have no interest in any kind of notoriety for ourselves.

A few years ago, my dad and I set a goal of flying something that represents every decade of powered aviation. And this past June, we accomplished that goal with a ride in a Sopwith 1-1/2 Strutter. Other rides include "Fifi", a Staggerwing, and a 1929 Standard.

We have also been long-time Reno fans and attendees. This fall with be our 29th year. Like many others on this board, we have become big fans of Graeme Frew and the Full Noise team. And so, to cap off our "ride in historic aircraft" adventure, we will be traveling to NZ this April to ride in Full Noise. We think this is an incredible opportunity to ride in a warbird / air racer, and expect it to be the trip of a lifetime.

So...any good thoughts on how to help air racing with our story?

See you all in the pits in about 8 months!
    Dan

Re: Can our story help air racing?

Originally posted by Coug86 View Post
    I'm sharing this story here in hopes that the clever folks that frequent this board might have ideas about how it can be used to help popularize air racing. Or at least send some good PR towards the air races. Neither my dad orI have no interest in any kind of notoriety for ourselves.

A few years ago, my dad and I set a goal of flying something that represents every decade of powered aviation. And this past June, we accomplished that goal with a ride in a Sopwith 1-1/2 Strutter. Other rides include "Fifi", a Staggerwing, and a 1929 Standard.

We have also been long-time Reno fans and attendees. This fall with be our 29th year. Like many others on this board, we have become big fans of Graeme Frew and the Full Noise team. And so, to cap off our "ride in historic aircraft" adventure, we will be traveling to NZ this April to ride in Full Noise. We think this is an incredible opportunity to ride in a warbird / air racer, and expect it to be the trip of a lifetime.

So...any good thoughts on how to help air racing with our story?

See you all in the pits in about 8 months!
    Dan
    Jealous!!!! Definitely tell Graeme all of this if you haven’t already and at the very least maybe he could work his kiwi magic and get it noticed on some news sites? Everyone loves his story and you’re just another story to go along with it!
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Re: Can our story help air racing?

Thanks! I should have addressed that in the first post. We have shared that story with him and he has his thinking cap on. I'll definitely share a "hi" from all of us when we see him in mid-April.

Comment

Working...
      X