• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Voodoo documentary

Awesome! I think we've all been waiting a long time for this film👍

Comment

This sort of thing is what could be the last chance at "fame and fortune" for "Air Racing" as we know it...

Well done!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

What ever the rule inventors thought when demanding a 1 % improvement in the speed record I consider young Steve Hinton as the record holder !

I mean look at the 100 meter track dash..nobody can say they have to improve it by 1/10th of a second...record is a record.

I think the older Hinton in Tsunami was a record braker too.
        Last edited by Jukka; 01-24-2019, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukka View Post
          What ever the rule inventors thought when demanding a 1 % improvement in the speed record I consider young Steve Hinton as the record holder !

I mean look at the 100 meter track dash..nobody can say they have to improve it by 1/10th of a second...record is a record.

I think the older Hinton in Tsunami was a record braker too.
          The 1% rule is left over from a time when the timing methods weren't as accurate as they are today. It was a buffer to make sure records weren't "beaten" from deviations in timing instead of actual speed increases.

Comment

Best Video I've seen in a long time............loved it. Record or not, it's still the fastest prop driven, piston engine airplane in the world, and Steveo was the pilot. Certainly hope they get another shot at it. Does anyone know if there's anything in the works for a new record try?

Comment

Young man,

Many thanks for sharing that. I added it to my Youtube Aviation playlist.

Well put together video. I love the old school shop, so much history and character in there.

Definately something to watch more than once.

Comment

Way cool! Hope they get another shot at it someday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ev29gcUAk0&t=1s
                Random Air Blog

Comment

Most have probably seen it, but awesome behind the scenes footage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_WDFpaE2IY
                  Random Air Blog

Comment

Great film. I think it might be the best air racing film ive seen.

Was happy to see that they understand the record was not broken. Should settle some arguments here.

Comment

Working...
                    X