Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For those asking for a different performer... you got it!

Default Re: For those asking for a different performer... you got it!

The schedule is going to be very, very tight this year. Especially if the T-Birds don't base out of RNO instead of Stead.

Quote Originally Posted by Race5 View Post
    The schedule is going to be very, very tight this year. Especially if the T-Birds don't base out of RNO instead of Stead.
    That is correct. It will be very tight, indeed. We (RARA) are exploring all options re: TBirds and anticipate our "winter" (actually spring) meeting with teams rep's in a couple months will resolve outstanding issues. If based at KRTS, it will be even tighter, especially if UNL run a Bronze. Only so many minutes available between 0800 and 1700.

Fact remains...the core of the event is racing aircraft which is wrapped up in an airshow. We'll work it out...but to your point we'll have little margin for error! That's why I do this stuff...it's a challenge every day!
    Last edited by Air Boss; 01-29-2019 at 07:41 AM.
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    Owner - AIR BOSS ONE
    San Diego CA
    http://airbossone.com

Rob Holland has Reno on the schedule as well. Now Rob is VERY good, but I personally think him, Wiskus, and Covington is a bit overkill for Reno... maybe the Yak-110 or something drastically different, but Holland and Wiskus are basically the same thing. Just my 2 cents
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '19

Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    Rob Holland has Reno on the schedule as well. Now Rob is VERY good, but I personally think him, Wiskus, and Covington is a bit overkill for Reno... maybe the Yak-110 or something drastically different, but Holland and Wiskus are basically the same thing. Just my 2 cents
    I'm guessing Covington will be flying as part of the Red Baron act. Plus it looks like Rob is only on the schedule for Saturday and Sunday.
    Last edited by Race5; 02-13-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Race5 View Post
    I'm guessing Covington will be flying as part of the Red Baron act. Plus it looks like Rob is only on the schedule for Saturday and Sunday.
    We are in negotiations with performers at this time. Few things still remain up in the air (sorry....too easy) but we're close to finalizing. On the military side we'll have TBirds, a demo or two, and hopefully a fly-by or two. The fly-bys are never rock solid until just days before the event, for obvious reasons. And they typically don't impact the racing as we work to conduct those during the time when a class is rejoining around Pevine so it doesn't take "additional time" out of the schedule.

Stay tuned and I really appreciate the feedback guys. It's not falling on deaf ears. While I/we may not always be able to pull off one event or another due to extenuating circumstances, I/we are always willing to listen to thoughts and ideas that this board feels would make Reno an even better aviation event...be it racing or airshow.

Keep 'em comin'...
    Owen Ashurst
    Owner - AIR BOSS ONE
    San Diego CA

Quote Originally Posted by Air Judge View Post
    We are in negotiations with performers at this time. Few things still remain up in the air (sorry....too easy) but we're close to finalizing. On the military side we'll have TBirds, a demo or two, and hopefully a fly-by or two. The fly-bys are never rock solid until just days before the event, for obvious reasons. And they typically don't impact the racing as we work to conduct those during the time when a class is rejoining around Pevine so it doesn't take "additional time" out of the schedule.

Stay tuned and I really appreciate the feedback guys. It's not falling on deaf ears. While I/we may not always be able to pull off one event or another due to extenuating circumstances, I/we are always willing to listen to thoughts and ideas that this board feels would make Reno an even better aviation event...be it racing or airshow.

Keep 'em comin'...
    Alright you got me with "miltary demo or two", Super Hornet?
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '19

Alright you got me with "miltary demo or two", Super Hornet?
    At the risk of being "that guy" who drops a hint and then shuts his trap , I can't get out in front of things at this point. Once we've locked down this side of the house, I'll share as much as I can as soon as I can. Fingers crossed we're able to secure what we're working on. Like all things airshow...it's cast in sand until the Monday after the show!
    Owen Ashurst
    Owner - AIR BOSS ONE
    San Diego CA

"...cast in sand." Unless you are Jerry Duty then that would be ALL things cast in concrete and sand. Used to set my watch by that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Judge View Post

Keep 'em comin'...
    Understandable, hope to find out soon I know the USAF has been having some schedules mixed around, but I doubt they would put a single ship with the Thunderbirds at Reno. That left me with the Super Hornet since their schedule is up in the air if existent at all. Some shows (Huntington Beach) have said that they're coming, but no official word from the Navy...
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '19

Understandable, hope to find out soon I know the USAF has been having some schedules mixed around, but I doubt they would put a single ship with the Thunderbirds at Reno. That left me with the Super Hornet since their schedule is up in the air if existent at all. Some shows (Huntington Beach) have said that they're coming, but no official word from the Navy...
    Generally no. If you have the TBirds you won't get the F-16 single-ship demo. And in a very unfortunate situation ACC has relieved Capt. Zoe "SiS" Kotnik from command of the F-16 Demo team. Many shows in the US had built a theme around "Women in Aviation" with Capt. Kotnik as a central component. Certainly wish her well.
    Owen Ashurst
    Owner - AIR BOSS ONE
    San Diego CA