Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those asking for a different performer... you got it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For those asking for a different performer... you got it!

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
    We are in negotiations with performers at this time. Few things still remain up in the air (sorry....too easy) but we're close to finalizing. On the military side we'll have TBirds, a demo or two, and hopefully a fly-by or two. The fly-bys are never rock solid until just days before the event, for obvious reasons. And they typically don't impact the racing as we work to conduct those during the time when a class is rejoining around Pevine so it doesn't take "additional time" out of the schedule.

Stay tuned and I really appreciate the feedback guys. It's not falling on deaf ears. While I/we may not always be able to pull off one event or another due to extenuating circumstances, I/we are always willing to listen to thoughts and ideas that this board feels would make Reno an even better aviation event...be it racing or airshow.

Keep 'em comin'...
    Alright you got me with "miltary demo or two", Super Hornet?
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
      Alright you got me with "miltary demo or two", Super Hornet?
      At the risk of being "that guy" who drops a hint and then shuts his trap , I can't get out in front of things at this point. Once we've locked down this side of the house, I'll share as much as I can as soon as I can. Fingers crossed we're able to secure what we're working on. Like all things airshow...it's cast in sand until the Monday after the show!
      Owen Ashurst
      Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
      http://airbossone.com/

Comment

"...cast in sand." Unless you are Jerry Duty then that would be ALL things cast in concrete and sand. Used to set my watch by that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
          We are in negotiations with performers at this time. Few things still remain up in the air (sorry....too easy) but we're close to finalizing. On the military side we'll have TBirds, a demo or two, and hopefully a fly-by or two. The fly-bys are never rock solid until just days before the event, for obvious reasons. And they typically don't impact the racing as we work to conduct those during the time when a class is rejoining around Pevine so it doesn't take "additional time" out of the schedule.

Stay tuned and I really appreciate the feedback guys. It's not falling on deaf ears. While I/we may not always be able to pull off one event or another due to extenuating circumstances, I/we are always willing to listen to thoughts and ideas that this board feels would make Reno an even better aviation event...be it racing or airshow.

Keep 'em comin'...
          Understandable, hope to find out soon I know the USAF has been having some schedules mixed around, but I doubt they would put a single ship with the Thunderbirds at Reno. That left me with the Super Hornet since their schedule is up in the air if existent at all. Some shows (Huntington Beach) have said that they're coming, but no official word from the Navy...
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Understandable, hope to find out soon I know the USAF has been having some schedules mixed around, but I doubt they would put a single ship with the Thunderbirds at Reno. That left me with the Super Hornet since their schedule is up in the air if existent at all. Some shows (Huntington Beach) have said that they're coming, but no official word from the Navy...
            Generally no. If you have the TBirds you won't get the F-16 single-ship demo. And in a very unfortunate situation ACC has relieved Capt. Zoe "SiS" Kotnik from command of the F-16 Demo team. Many shows in the US had built a theme around "Women in Aviation" with Capt. Kotnik as a central component. Certainly wish her well.
            Owen Ashurst

Comment

Thank you Air Judge for the updates and all of the work you put in.

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
                Thank you Air Judge for the updates and all of the work you put in.
                Thanks, Reever. I certainly get more out of this site than I put in but I appreciate it. Do what I can, when I can, to keep folks informed. Class Presidents meeting coming up this week. That should nail down to some degree each classes participation rate, which of course is the main driver in determining how many minutes each day we'll have for performers.

Expect our "winter" meeting with TBirds (08/09Apr) will finalize certain aspects of their show and we should have a very good handle on the air show component after that.
                Owen Ashurst

Comment

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
                  Thanks, Reever. I certainly get more out of this site than I put in but I appreciate it. Do what I can, when I can, to keep folks informed. Class Presidents meeting coming up this week. That should nail down to some degree each classes participation rate, which of course is the main driver in determining how many minutes each day we'll have for performers.

Expect our "winter" meeting with TBirds (08/09Apr) will finalize certain aspects of their show and we should have a very good handle on the air show component after that.
                  I've heard things from most of the classes about the meeting, any info on Unlimited's? F1 and Sport should be packed as ever!

Unfortunately I can't add anything re: the UNL's. Do know that your points re: the F1's and Sports are pretty much spot on. Both classes are running strong.
                  Last edited by Air Boss; 02-28-2019, 04:08 PM.
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

F-18 Legacy Demo! There you go Owen, nice job RARA

*should also add that it’s with the FJ-4, I never realized there was such a detailed Navy demo website until today... pretty sweet!

The Navy Legacy Flight Foundation program matches today's frontline military fighters with their predecessors in close flight maneuvers at air shows nationwide.
                    Last edited by GRNDP51; 03-08-2019, 07:18 PM.
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

The Red Baron show looks cool! Really looking forward to the FJ-4!

One of these years they should invite the Black Eagles aerobatic team. Or the Russians. Missed them when they were at Salinas. For something different
                      Random Air Blog

Comment

F-18 Legacy Demo! There you go Owen, nice job RARA

*should also add that it’s with the FJ-4, I never realized there was such a detailed Navy demo website until today... pretty sweet!

https://navylegacyflight.org
                        Always happy to help! Shaping up to be a good show and great racing on all fronts. Meet with TBirds 08-09Apr to go over details of show layout. Rest is coming along fine.

Less than 90 to PRS...
                        Owen Ashurst

Comment

The FJ4 is a cool plane. I saw it at Oshkosh last year.

Will
                          Last edited by RAD2LTR; 03-10-2019, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                            The FJ4 is a cool plane. I saw it at Oshkosh last year.

Will
                            Very cool!
                            Owen Ashurst

Comment

Originally posted by Air Boss View Post
                              Very cool!
                              If I'm not mistaken, its the only one in the world that flies, and I believe its based somewhere on the east coast so a west coast visit is a rare thing.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                                If I'm not mistaken, its the only one in the world that flies, and I believe its based somewhere on the east coast so a west coast visit is a rare thing.

Will
                                It is the only airworthy one, it's with Dr. Sugden in Idaho

Used to be part of the Reno Legacy's pretty often. I believe Sugden's T-2 was in a few as well
                                Last edited by GRNDP51; 03-12-2019, 12:57 PM.
                                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                                X