Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those asking for a different performer... you got it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those asking for a different performer... you got it!

This should be pretty cool. Very few shows and none out west, go Reno!
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: For those asking for a different performer... you got it!

Right on, should make for some cool shots.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks for posting this.

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
      http://immortalredbaron.com/

This should be pretty cool. Very few shows and none out west, go Reno!
      Ja ja, but that Fokker was a Messer - - - Stearman..?

Comment

I’ll gladly sit in the Reno sunshine with a cold beer and watch that.

Cool airplanes, cheesy backstory, costumes, and propane machine guns.

I’m in.

Comment

My son got to help shoot him down at the local airshow last summer. He had the biggest smile on his face after shooting the gun!

Comment

How many remember the movie "The Great Waldo Pepper"? Kinda takes you back to that time.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post
              Ja ja, but that Fokker was a Messer - - - Stearman..?
              Modified Sopwith Pup replica with an M14P for power.

Comment

Think most folks will appreciate this show. They do a great job from an aerobatic standpoint and the crowd interaction component is well done.

I had them at my last show in 2018 at Santa Maria (not to pat myself on the back but Santa Maria was Pinnacle Award winner at ICAS Convention for Best Small Show in North America). Very well received.

Enjoy...
                Owen Ashurst
                Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
                  Think most folks will appreciate this show. They do a great job from an aerobatic standpoint and the crowd interaction component is well done.

I had them at my last show in 2018 at Santa Maria (not to pat myself on the back but Santa Maria was Pinnacle Award winner at ICAS Convention for Best Small Show in North America). Very well received.

Enjoy...
                  On the topic of performers and schedule, what would happen if the warbirds had a full 3 heats?
                  Sport has already hit an upper cap on racers, would that cap be lowered? I assume you already have a way for accounting for this, I just didn't know what that was.
                  "young" Thomas

http://teamonemoment.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CubersWrist View Post
                    On the topic of performers and schedule, what would happen if the warbirds had a full 3 heats?
                    Sport has already hit an upper cap on racers, would that cap be lowered? I assume you already have a way for accounting for this, I just didn't know what that was.
                    It worked well in 2017, probably work the same way without cutting other classes. I'm just wondering how much time performers and STOL will end up occupying. If it's any more than 2017 then there might be an issue... I say cut the T-6 1v1 but hey
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

The schedule is going to be very, very tight this year. Especially if the T-Birds don't base out of RNO instead of Stead.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                        The schedule is going to be very, very tight this year. Especially if the T-Birds don't base out of RNO instead of Stead.
                        That is correct. It will be very tight, indeed. We (RARA) are exploring all options re: TBirds and anticipate our "winter" (actually spring) meeting with teams rep's in a couple months will resolve outstanding issues. If based at KRTS, it will be even tighter, especially if UNL run a Bronze. Only so many minutes available between 0800 and 1700.

Fact remains...the core of the event is racing aircraft which is wrapped up in an airshow. We'll work it out...but to your point we'll have little margin for error! That's why I do this stuff...it's a challenge every day!
                        Last edited by Air Boss; 01-29-2019, 07:41 AM.
                        Owen Ashurst

Comment

Rob Holland has Reno on the schedule as well. Now Rob is VERY good, but I personally think him, Wiskus, and Covington is a bit overkill for Reno... maybe the Yak-110 or something drastically different, but Holland and Wiskus are basically the same thing. Just my 2 cents
                          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                            Rob Holland has Reno on the schedule as well. Now Rob is VERY good, but I personally think him, Wiskus, and Covington is a bit overkill for Reno... maybe the Yak-110 or something drastically different, but Holland and Wiskus are basically the same thing. Just my 2 cents
                            I'm guessing Covington will be flying as part of the Red Baron act. Plus it looks like Rob is only on the schedule for Saturday and Sunday.
                            Last edited by Race5; 02-13-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                              I'm guessing Covington will be flying as part of the Red Baron act. Plus it looks like Rob is only on the schedule for Saturday and Sunday.
                              We are in negotiations with performers at this time. Few things still remain up in the air (sorry....too easy) but we're close to finalizing. On the military side we'll have TBirds, a demo or two, and hopefully a fly-by or two. The fly-bys are never rock solid until just days before the event, for obvious reasons. And they typically don't impact the racing as we work to conduct those during the time when a class is rejoining around Pevine so it doesn't take "additional time" out of the schedule.

Stay tuned and I really appreciate the feedback guys. It's not falling on deaf ears. While I/we may not always be able to pull off one event or another due to extenuating circumstances, I/we are always willing to listen to thoughts and ideas that this board feels would make Reno an even better aviation event...be it racing or airshow.

Keep 'em comin'...
                              Owen Ashurst

Comment

Working...
                              X