'Throw Back Thursday' Reno 2001

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Throw Back Thursday' Reno 2001

I’m finally getting to all my old footage, it’s a little rough but I thought everyone would enjoy a trip down memory lane!!

Jason
    Jason Schillereff

Re: 'Throw Back Thursday' Reno 2001

Jason,

Oh that sound, only hear that at Reno. Thank you so much for sharing your archives with us.

I added it to my playlist and will enjoy it in it's entirety after work.

Comment

Wow! What a blast from the too far back past. Let's do it again in '19. But for today I'm going to have to explain this stupid grin and goose bumps to everyone all day. What a rush.
      Thank you Jason.

Comment

Probably not a lot of footage from 2001 because of what happened on Tuesday. All of the aircraft in the USA were grounded. My buddy and I got up there and figured that there was no way that they were going to ground the air racers-air racing folks being about the most patriotic group that there ever could be. Ground them they did so 2001 was very memorable year at Reno for so many reasons. Good footage Jason!

Comment

Thanks for the video! It was great to see some old favorites flying.

Dan

Comment

Thanks guys!! Part 2 will be out next week!!
            Jason
            Jason Schillereff

Comment

Looking forward to

Comment

Thanks Jason. That would have been an awesome set of unlimited races that year.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Jason - thank you for posting that. How great would it be to see all of those Unlimited back at Stead again, eh?

2001 was one of the few years I've missed in nearly 4 decades of attending the races. I had purchased tickets on Southwest for the flight into RNO and already packed my bags to travel that fateful Tuesday morning. I was about to get out of bed, when the first phone call came about the attacks of 09/11 - I threw in the towel early, I guess, but ultimately correctly so.

So again, thank you Jason for showing me what I missed that week.

Comment

Working...
                  X